A Very Good Apostate Session With Wify

by tjlibre 7 Replies latest jw friends

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Ok so here it goes. I took the opportunity during the “family worship night” to show my wife just two samples of the WT’s double standards and hypocrisy. Let me tell you…boy was I nervous, I didn’t know what to expect. But to my surprise, wify was very receptive.

In summary, this is how it happened.

I told my wife a while back that I no longer wanted to study WT publications on our family study night. I suggested just reading and studying the bible using non-wt publications. With some hesitation she agreed, I bought us both a study version of a non-wt bible translation and began to read and comment on our reading without a single WT publication. I could tell that she was enjoying our readying as her comments where more genuine and not scripted. Needless to say that I was also feeling joyful.

Long story short,

We were reading Matthew Chapters 22-23, where Jesus is giving a pounding to the Pharisees and other teachers of the Law for their hypocrisy. After the reading, I told my wife that there is something that I wanted to consider with her.

I read these chapters before the family study, so I prepared some info in order to begin undermining her faith in the GB.

Without going into a lot of details. I showed her how the GB lied about the condition under which the Mexican JW where operating in Mexico. In essence, the GB implied that the Mexican JW were not allowed to use the Bible in the door to door ministry, sing and pray at the meeting, nor had KHs as a result of “persecution” or restrictions from the Mexican authorities. NOT TRUE!!!

The truth was that one of the restrictions that ALL religions had in Mexico prior to 1989-1992 was that all property purchased by a religious institution also become a property of the Mexican federal government. Churches could still buy and use real state as long as it was used for religious purposes and for not for profit activities. The WT WILLINGLY changed their status from a Religious Association to a Cultural Association. As a result of this changed, the Mexican JW were no longer allowed (by the GB in Brooklyn NY) to use the bible in FS, pray or sing at the meeting or own KHs. But that’s not all, who was printing the magazines and the books?…let me introduce you to “Grupo Editorial Ultramar, S.A. de C.V.” In other words, a publishing company using free JW’s labor, for printing and distributing publications for a profit. S.A stands for “Anonymous Society” (in latin America the word Sociedad – Society is the equivalent of a Partnership, Associates, LLC or Corporation). C.V means Variable Capital (investor, partners or associates deposit and withdraw capital at will). The Baptists, the Presbyterians, the Catholic Church and other religious groups owned churches, land, hospitals, universities, and conducted missionary work using the bible under the Mexican federal government restrictions. Also, the Bible Society of Mexico began operating in Mexico in 1878 and was registered as a Mexican institution in 1966, the interesting this is that they state on their mission statements that their purpose is to translate and distribute the bible to the Mexican people regardless of what they could contribute monetarily for such bibles. Which means that they actually DISTRIBUTED bibles prior to 1989-1992.

After a few rhetorical questions regarding the out right dishonesty of the WT, I then expressed that it is obvious that the WT is a business. Their main concern was to own land and properties in order to increase their wealth, that is why they changed their status and cared less for the form of worship that the Mexican brothers were giving to Jah. What would the prophet Daniel think of this move (not to pray in public view to Jah)? What would the apostles think of this self-imposed restriction (not using the bible or singing at the meetings)? What would Jesus care more about? Praising his father and him in song, public expressions of ones faith through prayer? Or would her care more about increasing the WT’s wealth, and the distribution of the Watchtowers and Awakes as oppose to using the Bible in FS? To my relief, her responses were clear, she agreed that it shows that the WT was more concern about wealth than the spiritual welfare of the Mexican witnesses.

I then presented the UN scandal in simple way, printed the letter from the UN website, printed the article from the Guardian UK, and a few selected paragraph from the WT publications condemning being a member of the YMCA, working a janitor or a receptionist at a blood bank or war equipment manufacturer, etc. And the paragraph from the Elder’s book where is says that once one violates the Christian neutrality, one has disassociated oneself from the organization. She agreed that they obviously have two sets of rules… ones that applies to them and one to the rest of the JWs.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to make it short. I left a lot of details out for the sake of simplicity. There is a lot more, but in essence. She reacted very well and asked me how could we share this info with our JW friends. I said that this info is for our own benefit and that it is not in our place to undermine anyone’s faith in """Jehovah’s Organization""" . I know…I know…I had to say this in order to conceal my real “apostate” agenda. I’m taking a step back for a while, to let it sink in her head. In the mean time…I’ll play the good faithful elder card. Remember…this is a “theocratic warfare”.

P.S all this information about the Mexican JW can be found online, also see the 1995 yearbook and the 1990 WT.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done, you obvioulsy made an impact. If you can get her to start to question the operations of the WTS you are half way there. Family worship is a great form to start discussing these thing, that's what I used as well. I've a feeling FW could beckfire big time on the Society. I wouldn't be surprised if they start devising a weekly programme so that the sheeples don't do too much thinking for themselves.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Very nice story tjlibre! Seeds sewn in fertile ground, and all that..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you! Good luck wit the rest.

• pat1060
    pat1060

tjlibre,thanks for this information on Mex.I didn't really have a good understanding on why they couldn't sing or use there bibles or pray.I lived there with my husband for 2 years back in the 80s.It is still a little confusing,but I will look it up.I always thought the JWs had to register as an education so couldn't function as a religion.Any way it sounds like you are doing a good job.She will realize she can't trust an org that is lying good luck...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Sounds great!

If you can read the non NWT bible without the "help" of the WT you are on to a winner :)

Happy Christmas :)

Stephen

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow!!! Great job and congratulations, it sounds like it went very well.

And this part is amazing...

The truth was that one of the restrictions that ALL religions had in Mexico prior to 1989-1992 was that all property purchased by a religious institution also become a property of the Mexican federal government. Churches could still buy and use real state as long as it was used for religious purposes and for not for profit activities. The WT WILLINGLY changed their status from a Religious Association to a Cultural Association. As a result of this changed, the Mexican JW were no longer allowed (by the GB in Brooklyn NY) to use the bible in FS, pray or sing at the meeting or own KHs. But that’s not all, who was printing the magazines and the books?…let me introduce you to “Grupo Editorial Ultramar, S.A. de C.V.” In other words, a publishing company using free JW’s labor, for printing and distributing publications for a profit. S.A stands for “Anonymous Society” (in latin America the word Sociedad – Society is the equivalent of a Partnership, Associates, LLC or Corporation). C.V means Variable Capital (investor, partners or associates deposit and withdraw capital at will). The Baptists, the Presbyterians, the Catholic Church and other religious groups owned churches, land, hospitals, universities, and conducted missionary work using the bible under the Mexican federal government restrictions. Also, the Bible Society of Mexico began operating in Mexico in 1878 and was registered as a Mexican institution in 1966, the interesting this is that they state on their mission statements that their purpose is to translate and distribute the bible to the Mexican people regardless of what they could contribute monetarily for such bibles. Which means that they actually DISTRIBUTED bibles prior to 1989-1992.

I did not know this. Thank you.

• yknot
    yknot

BRAVO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit