• John Doe
    John Doe

Nope.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

so it's a puzzle, hold on let me look at your topic

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here, I'll help you out. These are the two questions I assumed would be asked right away:

1. what is your profession?
    2. what is a brief summary of the plot from your most famous story?

Note that no proper names are asked for with these questions, meaning I must answer them by the guidelines of the game. Each question taken together necesarily involves getting all of the information needed to answer.

• John Doe
    John Doe

And now that I've given the needed questions, the answer is Edgar Allen Poe. The problem with nearly every question asked so far is that they are based upon a guess and they do not narrow the possible answers in any substantial way.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

LOL..had I asked #2 this thread would've been over and you'd be off to sleep. I don't know, I just wanted to make it last, so then

if you don't mind, could you give us a brief summary of your most famous story.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

hold on here I did ask if you wrote about the last of an indian tribe, I was referring to Last of the Mohicans..wasn't that Poe.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

Sorry it wasn't, but I thought it was..so I was getting close.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Many consider this to be my most famous story. A man is throw into a dark pit. He can neither see his captors nor the walls of his cell, but he fumbles around in the dark. Later, he awakens to see a giant pendulum swinging back and forth and being lowered towards him. He's tied and bound in place. He sees rats. The rats eventually chew the cloth that is binding him and he escapes the descending pendulum. The pendulum is withdrawn, and the walls begin closing in, forcing him to the center of the room. There is a pit in the center of the room, and it is deep. He drops a torch and watches it fall and fall and fall without hitting the bottom. The walls are going to close in and push him into this pit. Finally, as he's about to go in, the millitary arrives and arrests his captors, and he is freed.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    hold on here I did ask if you wrote about the last of an indian tribe, I was referring to Last of the Mohicans..wasn't that Poe.

Nope. James Fennimore Cooper.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

if he can't see the walls of his cell, how can he drop a torch in the pit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit