Do you consider yourself to be a grownup?

by highdose 12 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

Although tecnicaly i am, i'm afraid i don't feel like it. Wondered if i was in the minority or majority?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Once I did, but I realized it was an immature decision

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

definately in wha happens case ... no doubt

As for me. Yes. Anymore questions?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

WAC! Good to see you. Which one of your parents picked u up and brought u home?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not grown up at all. I refuse to act or dress like society thinks i should. I am not going down wearing tracksuit pants and cardigan!

That said, i like being 'older'. The years have bought insight into life. When you are young, you can only be young. With age, you can be both at will.

Oz

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

You're not a grown-up until you learn to stop leaning on and/or seeking the approval of other people, and stand up completely on your own two feet.

Especially when it comes to conditional-love JW parents. :P

- Lime

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

my mom why?

• JAFO
    JAFO

It all depends on the day.. most of the time, no.. also, what Aussie Oz said.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is being a 'grown up' a good thing?

Growing up as a member of a high control cult, being a 'grown up' had a different meaning to that of the 'normal' people that surrounded me.

Leaving a cult made me feel like an outcast when the reality was that I was being incorporated into reality.

I am hesitant to talk about my youth after I exited the cult .... and I have deleted the rest of this post to retain my anonimity.

Chris

• nugget
    nugget

Me i'm the only grown up in the house. That is until I can get the kids to bed then the Wii is mine all mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit