The most apostate thing you could do..?

by iMARX 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

None of these things are really apostate; they are merely things for which you could get df'd.

The only way you could make any of these things apostate would be to insist to another JW that what you've done is A) what you ought to have done, and, more importantly B) you believe that the governing body's position on what you've done is wrong.

The truth is, they don't even mind if you have a point of disagreement with teh governing body on some things, so long as you don't verbalize that disagreement to other witnesses. The one exception that is *instant Apostate* is if you disagree with the governing body that they are the "faithful and discreet slave".

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I think most of the postings on this board qualify as Apostacy, at least as the WT uses the word. The best ones certainly do!

But I can't be an Apostate, strictly speaking, because I never joined up. I was only involved by marriage, not by dunking.

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

1. Sure nice to have no strings fornication after leaving my first jw wife!
    2. Went to Baptist church with my second wife and loved it!
    3. Joined the Republican party.
    4. Took photographs of naked women.
    5. Got tatoos..to match the earings.
    6. Love this board.
    7. I have done Ouija.
    8. Still trying to get that threesome my wife keeps promising me.
    9. Oh, and the governing body has it all wrong and so are the elders!
    10. Love Christmas and say it to everyone! So, Merry Christmas!
  • gubberningbody
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The most apostate thing you can do is live your life for yourself, without the direction of "faithful and discreet slaves," priest, gods, or kings.

Seek the council of others who walk this path. Evaluate the advice and then make a rational decision.

You'll still make mistakes, but they'll be YOUR mistakes, not the mistakes of Fred Franz.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Am celebrating Christmas, getting an education even though I am too old to start a new career, my daughter is an honor student in college.

Not going to go for the pot. People here in Houston are being killed over drugs brought up from Mexico. Not to mention that drug lords are murdering police and innocent people across the border in Mexico. I would never want to support them in any way.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Went to a Tea Party, Gone to my sons graduation on a Marine Base. Whent to a Xmas party. I open carry my firearm to the grocery store library restaurant ETC.

Now that's worldly!

• carpediem
    carpediem

iMarx - no I havent told her yet. I may have upset her though as I did tell her I told you and your bro I wasnt going back. will save the big news for after the wedding now - I dont want to upset her so close to it. check your pm.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

THE BIG NO-NO for my family was DRUGS, so one of the first things I did was eat a pile of magic mushrooms I coudn't jump over.

I am not dead

I am not addicted

I am not anything they predicted.

I ate so many mushrooms that the high became just my other normal.

40 years later I can't be bothered finding out what my local magic mushrooms look like. I know we have them.

The most Apostate thing I can do is question the king list. Every time my family opens their mouth and mentions religion I want to know about the king list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? King list? They hate it.

It's great:-

You want to talk religion, armageddon, immortal soul, Trinity? That's fine .... I'll discuss all of that ............ after we've discussed the king list.

Oh, you don't want to discuss the king list????

That's OK with me. We won't discuss it .............................. after you have explained it.

No ..... I am not going to get baptised until you answer my question ..... I am 57 years old .... you have had plenty of time ....

The great thing about never getting baptised is that you can never officially be an Apostate

Cheers

Chris

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

go villabolo, guts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit