Free Home Bible Study?

by juci32 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dudeson
    dudeson

my free home bible study only cost me my teens.

• lancelink
    lancelink

It cost me 30 years of just focusing on the world ending.

I missed out on some incredible opportunities for this belief !

• lancelink
    lancelink

It cost me 30 years of just focusing on the world ending.

I missed out on some incredible opportunities for this belief !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Free? The study itself is free, but you will be required to give "free" studies to other householders in the future. Plus, they will hound you to give to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund (and to solicit householders to give to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund). Hardly free, once you factor in the time wasted in doing field circus and the stipulations the witlesses will impose.

And, no it is not a true Bible study. Other, smaller independent Bible study groups are more likely to use the Bible and just the Bible. I challenge the witlesses to offer a true Bible study using the Bible and just the Bible.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Yeah ya know it's sad but it wasn't a Bible study til I went on a study with someone. And I rememeber the sister explaining that the literature was a "bible study aid". as the study went on I realized what BS that was. Cause an "AID" is like a dictionary, you use it to assist with your learning. But in there studies the BIBLE was the Publication Aid. Sad that it had to be THAT far into to start noticing something wasn't right. Still scares me how easily I fell for that stuff. Only left me with a heighten sence of paranoia....

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The FREE Bible study is simply the gate through which future generations of Witnesses are gleaned. I'm not a Witness, but I went through a few of the studies in the 70s. I purposely withheld me real religion because I wanted to see the positive aspects of the JWs and not have the discussion turn into what was wrong with my religion. In each case, the JWs hounded me until I finally told them. Then it became an issue because, as most of you know, they have their hired guns -- their authorities on other religions -- who think they know more than the person being taught. They actually told me that a different person would be accompanying them; someone who knew all about my faith. I was expecting a man, but it turned out to be a woman who I think might have been a former Nazi concentration camp guard (based on her overall demenor). Of course we ended up nowhere and I didn't continue to take the study much longer after that.

It always surprised me to hear them refer to all other religions as "manmade" (as if theirs wasn't).

All the JWs who have been dropping by lately have always been black, which I find interesting. Many of them come and canvass the neighborhood, which is overwhelmingly white. I'm now wondering where the white JWs are. I have nothing against a person's color at all, but I find it fascinating that most of the JWs in my area are now black, whereas years ago they weren't. They also don't actually try to get in the door like in the old days, as I probably would have let them in. For years, my grandfather used to get dressed up and walk across the street to sit in on the JW Kingdom Hall. He was a Methodist and back then I didn't know what a Kingdom Hall was. Just that the building itself was sort of a box with a roof on it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

its business promotion/marketing pure and simple,

this bloke sums it up nicely

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-19454739.html

Entrepreneur | May 1, 1997 | Levinson, Jay Conrad | COPYRIGHT 1997 Entrepreneur Media, Inc. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group.

Keep 'em coming back by offering something for nothing.

They're politely known as "advertising specialties" or "free gifts." I prefer to call them bribes. But whatever term you use, know that bribes are a bang-up marketing tool for all demographic groups.

Unlike premiums, which may require a purchase, bribes are given for free. They are used to generate leads, increase name awareness, make friends, thank customers, boost store traffic, introduce new things, motivate people to act, and create an unconscious obligation to do business with you.

(needless to say the article cuts short and offers you a free trial with and entrepreneurs site)

keywords : unconscious obligation

once they've let the foot in the door they mostly feel obliged to carry on, just think of all the posts over the years by people who started studying and then feel guilty because they want to stop, feel ungrateful for wanting out, don't know how to bring it to an end without causing offense or losing the 'friends' they've made since they were first sucked into a study.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

... but wait! That's not all! Agree to your free Home Bible Study today, and we'll provide you with a free ride to this Sunday's meeting at the Kingdumb Haul!

... but wait! That's not all! When you arrive at that meeting, you'll be love-bombed by dozens of people you've never met before who will suddenly act like they're long-lost childhood friends!

... but wait! That's not all!...

It's just hype. One CO "encouraged" the dubs to call it a "Free Home Bible Course". Yeah, like that would provide transferrable credits to university or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit