Is the GB Bloodguilty?

by LostGeneration 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

No not about the blood issue, though I would say yes to that.

What I'm talking about is in regard to the preaching work. I recently commented on a thread that I thought field service was an inconvenient necessity when you are a witness. Many active ones probably feel the same way today, as it is their ticket to paradise earth. Of course, the GB made you feel guilty if you weren't participating, whipping you with the "bloodguilty" card for you not doing enough.

But is door to door effective at all? Would Jesus use a method like this today with the technology available? When is the last time a door to door salesman came to your home? Other than kids selling magazines or fundraising for their school, I cant remember a regular door to door salesman visiting in at least 15 years. Corporations (and religions to some extent) use technology to reach more people. So the GB could be considered bloodguily by God by not employing every means available to distribute their message, rather than using a completely ineffective and outdated method, door to door.

So why doesn't the GB use modern technology to preach their message? If these really are the last days, isn't it more important to reach as many people as possible so the Armageddon doesn't come an God has to kill billions? Shouldn't we see the WT spending some of their cash on internet advertising, infomercials, radio stations, full page newspaper ads and the like?

If the GB truly believed their teachings, you wouldn't be able to escape a WT advertisement offering a free bible study. But holding on to their cash is more important.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I believe the leaders of the WTB&TS know their sockpuppet is a figment of their collective imaginations.

"Do as thou wilt" is the whole of THEIR law.

• poppers
    poppers

Maybe they don't really want everbody to be "saved", that way they can continue to feel special and set apart.

Edited to add: I just thought of another reason - if they open up their avenues of reaching people through modern technology they'd have so many more people actually scrutinizing them and questioning their beliefs, thus they would lose control. There would be widespread ridicule that put a lot of pressure on the rank and file to actually examine things for themselves. If they keep it "local" they can keep things from being seen clearly and thereby maintain better control. The fewer opportunities for independent thinking the better.

• juci32
    juci32

"Christendom" uses those tools to advertise and spread the Word, which means the WT would never do anything to resemble them..sad.

I have often wondered the same thing and when i asked hubby, he says that the door to door work is what Jesus commanded them to do, not like "lazy Babylon The Great" where they just broadcast online and on TV which means the rest of the world is lazy and don't get out the bed to worship. (rolls eyes) gotta love them..

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jesus walked - I mean walked. Jesus wore funny looking clothes. Jesus lived simply and had 'no place to rest his head' according to the Bible. Then he stood up and died for what he believed.

Jesus is easy to respect from that perspective. None of the Christian groups imitate him like that. NONE.

Jeff

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

If I were God and they were my organization (if of course I even needed a human organization) I would have sh!t canned them a long time ago because they are totally inefective in spreading the message of the gospel.

Most people only know about Jesus because of Christendom, Christmas and Easter and hardley anyone knows anything about Jehovah.

The WTS is using 1920's marketing methods in a 2010 world.

LD

• littlebird
    littlebird

I remember when I lived in kansas, the witnesses had a commercial about talking to your kids about drug abuse, witness friends I had in Colorado, didn't believe it and one elder actually called the c.o. to see if it were true, and yes it was. Being this commercial was being played in the middle of nowhere suggests to me that they didn't have enough jws to go door to door, (except in july when people come out for unassigned territory ") and I would imagine that tv spots are cheap in such locals.

TV shows cost money and why should they spend it when they had all of us to work for free?

• littlebird
    littlebird

What? somehow I posted this on the wrong board? Anyway, yes they are blood guilty.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

According to the bible, if a person 'sumbles' another out of the 'faith' - then I'm pretty sure that can make you bloodguilty (that scripture alone is the basis of dozens of little nonsense 'rules', such as beards and tatoos and whatnot.)

So, based on that.. and the GB's false prophecy regarding 1914, 1925, 1975.., and the multitude that have been stumbled over those or the 'generation' change, blood change, etc....

PRETTY DAMN GUILTY.

- Lime

PS: But don't point that completely obvious bit out to my dad or he'll FLIP OUT at your "apostate propoganda" and start crying (WTF?).

• littlebird
    littlebird

Oh no I didnt, geesh, I must need a nap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit