The Ransom for Nitwits

by Farkel 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

have to slow down read later tonite --- Farkel you are too intelligent. concerned and hope you are maintaining/OK w/your health situation (meant to post this on your other subject).

tammy --- thankfully, your comments give me hope, believe me. it was a sigh of relief when you finally posted on the christian/trinity subject, also.

• tec
    tec

LV101 -Believe me, there are others who have helped me a great deal - though the very best advice I think I have ever heard has been to listen to Christ first and foremost. As a point and just so you know, though, I try to avoid the "trinity" threads. They can be like jumping into a political thread ;) But I'm glad I could share something that helped you.

Peace,

tammy

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Another gem, I am sending this link on to my sister.

Thank you Farkel.

• tracylee
    tracylee

Thanks Farkel, for taking me down memory lane. I once was stupid/brave enough to ask an Elder about the issues I had with the Ransom (i.e. it didn't make a bloody ounce of sense to me), and was thoroughly chastized. (seriously, they made me cry)

I'll have to send this on to my "apostate" brother, he'll get a kick out of it!

• Farkel
    Farkel

My final thought regarding the notion of a God killing his own first-born son to redeem us from stuff we didn't cause in the first place:

"You can't shine shit, God."

Thank you. Now you can kill me for calling you an asshole, God. You are an asshole, Bible-God. I may rot in hell for calling you that, but it won't change the fact that you are an asshole, Bible-God.

Farkel, REAL Gods Aren't Assholes, CLASS. Fake Gods ARE Assholes

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Far(kel) too clever by far(kel).

• Farkel
    Farkel

tec, tammy,

: I try to avoid the "trinity" threads.

Yeah. Me, too. The Biblical evidence for and against is just about equal. It's a wash if one uses the Biblle as evidence.

(If one uses simple logic, the whole trinity notion is idiotic, moronic, stupid and insane. But we must respect morons and their religions these days.)

I don't debate that one, because that one is not important in the JW world and that is all I really care about. I do not want to shipwreck anyone's faith except those in the CULT I grew up in.

Fakrle

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Bumping for the newbies. This is great information!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Yea, but let's not forget that if the black gay Messiah, Larsinger, adds his ransom to Jesus', then the debt is settled.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

In my experience, when you start disproving the society's doctrines to yourself, you mentally 'draw a line in the sand' and think, 'well even if all the chronology is wrong, they still teach the truth about the trinity, hell and the ransom'.

The real fun starts when you start forcing yourself to be as mentally rigourous towards those doctrines as you were towards chronology and organisational mistakes.

Farkel's opener here is a good introduction, and nicolaou's questions in the thread linked here are good too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/92177/1/Does-the-Ransom-Sacrifice-doctrine-add-up

Remember dear lurkers, questions are not blasphemy, and that uncomfortable emotion you may have when even entertaining a query about this deeply held belief is what cognitive dissonance feels like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit