untitled

by dgp 8 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

I'm under the impression that the restrictions the WTBTS imposes on witnesses to interact with non-JW's ultimately means that a non-JW might find he or she can't really help a faithful witness. even if the witness in in real, serious need, or in the common events of every day life. You can't ask your witness neighbor to come over to your house and interact normally. You can't go to their home and have a friendship with them. If you see one witness is miserable, the witness is supposed to bear it on his or her own, because association with a non-JW is a bad thing. What are your thoughts in this regard? Thank you in advance.

• teel
    teel

Isolation is one of the tools of thought control. If one would follow the 'spiritual advice' to the letter, indeed he might find himself in just that situation. Fortunately most of them still use some discernement not to cut off themselves completely, reasoning that the neighbour could be 'won over'.

• cantleave
    cantleave

One of the misconceptions about what a cults is concerns isolation in a camp or commune in order to exercise control. The JW's don't use physical isolation but a social isolation to as means to control. This is achieved by demonising people and their day to day activities and pinting them as dangerous and something to be avoided. This is a very effective method of isolating followers without drwing attention to thye cult.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm under the impression that the restrictions the WTBTS imposes on witnesses to interact with non-JW's ultimately means that a non-JW might find he or she can't really help a faithful witness. even if the witness in in real, serious need, or in the common events of every day life. You can't ask your witness neighbor to come over to your house and interact normally. You can't go to their home and have a friendship with them. If you see one witness is miserable, the witness is supposed to bear it on his or her own, because association with a non-JW is a bad thing. What are your thoughts in this regard? Thank you in advance.

Your impressions are crystal clear. When I was experiencing domestic violence and threats to my life by my jw husband, "worldly" people were the ones who saved me. And it took them more time to convince me to let them help me than it did for me to convince a judge to sign a forced committment oder against him.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

"I'm under the impression that the restrictions the WTBTS imposes on witnesses to interact with non-JW's ultimately means that a non-JW might find he or she can't really help a faithful witness. even if the witness in in real, serious need, or in the common events of every day life. You can't ask your witness neighbor to come over to your house and interact normally. You can't go to their home and have a friendship with them. If you see one witness is miserable, the witness is supposed to bear it on his or her own, because association with a non-JW is a bad thing. What are your thoughts in this regard? Thank you in advance."

Or vice versa. This includes family that are ex-witnesses. The family can't help "a faithful witness" because the faithful witness shouldn't let their apostate family members know that they are in need of help. It's a pretty painful thing for a family to go through. I try to keep in contact with my Witness daughters to let them know that our family will still help them. But, as you know, they are trained to believe that "bad associations spoil useful habits". Tsk, tsk! I'm not bad! I just don't believe in that dubble stuff anymore.

• mouthy
    mouthy

After I was ousted from the WT ...I backed into a car out of my driveway

A brother ?was passing,He had been extra friendly to me while I was IN WTBut he passed by shaking his head & laughing ,Other people came to help but not him
    I had known him for many years ,That hurt more than the damages I had to pay...
    That is the WT LOVE

• mouthy
    mouthy

dgp>>>>>(HUGS)))) My new adopted son....

You know why I love you though I have never seen you

Because of the LOVE showed me by calling to tell me even
    though my fleshly kids wont call me , My "love" kids will

Thank you my love you made my day!!!!!!!God bless

• dgp
    dgp

Thank you, dear Mom mouthy .

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good night God bless You ,& everyone else .I am off to bed (((HUGS))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit