I Have a New Method for Dealing With Ridiculous Assumptions

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

But wouldn't that whole thing defeat the idea of a discussion forum? Unless of course you only want to participate in a 'nice, let's all agree' discussion. If that was the case, we apostates would not be making much impact on the lurkers around here IMO.

Still I suppose there would be plenty of good arguments if ATJ and others didn't fight the good fight anymore. But I would miss your collective asses... real bad!!

LOL

Jeff

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Uh, I'm not interested." *closes door*

This is not only effective but efficient, frugal, and avoids insanity.

Just think how much time and money this has saved, not just you, but the WTS and the JWs as well as your community. It boggles the mind!

P.S. Any rat b@star@d that kills Cookie Monster has ME to deal with!

• Walkin
    Walkin

Lately I have been using Minimus's tact, asking questions like how, why, where ,what and when. It just drives them crazy.

They quote some scripture and I ask How do you know that it's true and has not been tampered with? Why do you believe that? When was that written? How do you know? Where and when was the bible put together and by whom? etc.

Remember, how we were taught to overcome "Conversation Stoppers" well, AllTimeJeff, Here is a whole bunch of them conversation stoppers I just posted.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

The thing I am learning is this; when someone asks me a Q about my faith, I really have to ask myself "what is their motive in asking this?". If they are really interested in Christianity that is one thing but if they are just trying to tear down my faith or tell me how stupid it is, then what is the point in even addressing thier Q's.

If I am happy being a Christian then so be it. Why not just leave it alone. If someone else is happier not believing in a God then that is their perogative. I am not trying to convert anyone on this board to christianity and I can tell you right now, there is no way anyone is going to make me an athiest.

So again, I think we have to try to discern the persons motives in asking the Q. And if we think it is just to argue or rehash the same old thing all over again which there is no real answer anyway, because I can't prove 100% God exists to a nonbeliever and they cannot prove 100% God doesn't to me. So it is just an excercise in futility.

That is where the advice given here to just say "no thanks, I am not interested" is such good advice. And that goes both ways for those who believe and those who do not. Peace, Lilly

• littlebird
    littlebird

I think honest, frank discussion is good. I can do without the arguing, though.

If an opinion is asked of me, I answer it. Some don't like or agree with what I have to say, and that's ok, most likely I don't like or agree with what they have to say either, but Im interested to hear their honest opinion none the less. I will "close the door" on arguing , name calling & the like, from here on out & try not to get to snippy myself. Im a fiesty little thing at times, but Im working on it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Im a fiesty little thing at times,

Yes, and your avatar proves that! LOL Don't change it BTW, though you did not comb the hair before the flash I see.

Jeff

• littlebird
    littlebird

LMAO, Jeff! I have no idea where that avatar came from, but I kind of like it.

• minimus
    minimus

I say "I'm not interested" is what I say to all salesmen that call me at work. Feels good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit