Bitter Fruitage of Ignorance &Isolation

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Sky
    Sky

Happy Man,
    If you are an Elder, why are you still on this board even after you see we are "apostates"?
    Having Doubts?

• metatron
    metatron

Path, you're foreseeing the ugliness of what will likely
    happen.

Scandals, bad stats, and boredom will be denied by true
    believers in this sad cult. No matter how bad it gets,
    they will cover their eyes and pretend it isn't happening.

Why? simple!

In their minds, there is no escape.
    There is no where else to go
    However pathetic, it's all they've got.

metatron

• LDH
    LDH

Am I the only one noticing Happy Man's 'accent'?

He's typing it out based on phonetics, the way he would say it if he were talking out loud.

Level with us, Happy. You're really Fred's alter ego, NO?

• fodeja
    fodeja
    Am I the only one noticing Happy Man's 'accent'?

No, I find it a bit strange, too.

Giving you the benefit of doubt for a minute, Happy Man, and assuming that you're really from Sweden, here's a true story. About two years ago, I met a young Swedish JW girl (man, was _she_ pretty - hardly 20 years old, long brunette hair, eyes like stars, and flirting like crazy). I knew she was a JW and casually asked her some questions about religion. The last lines of our conversation went something like this:

F: "So you really think that anyone who doesn't believe 100% what JWs believe will die a gruesome death soon?!"

JW (with a friendly smile): "Errr, no, no...no..."

(pause)

JW (with the same friendly smile): "...not a gruesome death, we don't know how it will happen."

F (perplexed): "Uh...huh."

Another Scandinavian JW in her mid-twenties told me that she didn't think people would die out on the streets, get swallowed up by cracks in the earth and eaten by birds. She speculated they would simply disappear without feeling any pain. Nice, huh? I felt so much better after that.

As far as I know, both are still very much "in", having married faithful MSs in the meantime.

So much for the sometimes heard opinion that today's JWs are less judgmental, or that European JWs tend to be less "radical" than those in the USA.

f.

• fodeja
    fodeja

bttt for "happy man", with bonus questions.

What kind of a sick and twisted belief system does it take to convince young, healthy persons living in a free, secure and rich area of the world to believe that the majority of mankind must die soon?

How much painful mental and emotional acrobatics does it take to smile to a stranger while telling him he's going to die soon?

How is that NOT the perfect breeding ground for depression?

f.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I remember an elderly, FAITHFUL sister whom I adored , and who has since passed away, once saying that she didn't want to live through Armageddon because it would be too horrifying to witness.

Rest in peace, Lila!

(Can you believe that I was so into the "I will never die, I'll live right through it" that I didn't open my eyes of understanding to what she was saying?!!!!)

Ashamed,

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit