How's your decade been?

by jookbeard 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

# And the two pet rabbits we had that lasted for about a week between the two of them- again, please dont ask LOL

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Started with divorce and disfellowshipping. Lost wife kids house car and friends. full of judgement.

Ended with new wife, kids doing well, self empoyment, no debt, real friends and love and acceptance

What a ride and worth it all

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Assuming "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger...." it's been a good very good decade for me. I learned a lot of hard lessons at the cost of nearly everyone I love - but somehow I do feel stronger for it.

Sometimes you need a good fight.

- Lime

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What the hell is this decade called?

• changeling
    changeling

I became a grandmother.

I left the WT.

I'm finally finishing my BA.

This has been a wonderful decade!!!!! :)

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I don't remember.

Is that good?

Judge Dread

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

@Leolaia

the noughties

or as i called it, the NAUGHTY"S

oz

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think the "noughties" is what was used last time around, but somehow it doesn't seem like it would really catch on. What is a nought? It isn't used to refer to the individual years. Versus what we had during our lifetime in the 20th century: eighty-two ('82), eighty-three ('83) -> eighties; noughties would fit the pattern if we say nought-two, nought-three, etc. but we just say oh-two or the laborious two-thousand-and-two. So I think in actual parlance we will end up referring to this decade with either oh or thousand. I have heard some refer to this decade as the thousands. I think in the next decade we will cease saying "thousand" and just go with twenty-twelve, twenty-thirteen, etc. which is what we did in the last century (e.g. nineteen-twelve). I also also heard some refer to the decade as the oh-ohs, which kind of fits too with all the negative events of the decade (9/11, Iraq war, Katrina, economy in the toilet). But neither "oh-ohs" or "thousands" rhymes with the usual decade names we are used to, which end with -ties. Oh-ties, on the other hand, sounds like a cereal. So it will be interesting to see what our culture will eventually decide on. There will have to be some universally-agreed on name: our popular media culture is going to demand it ("I Love the FILL-IN-THE-BLANK-ties).

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i wonder what the years 1900 to 1910 were called?

any history buffs?

Oz

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

@Leolaia

I just call it the 00's (or if aloud, I'll say the "2000's"). It seems to be what the radios are doing as well.

At least you only have to worry about it for a few more days, then it'll be the 10's.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit