Was the Jehovah's Witnesses sect called into existence to undermine Christianity?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I have just finished the book ''Worldwide Evil and Misery'' by Robin de Ruiter. The book is about how approximately 300 men and unseen powers pull the strings and determine the fate of the world. The New World Order govern our politics,business,social,and intellectual process.

On page 100 titled ''Undermining the Faith in Christianity'', he writes that many destructive religious sects were formed in the nineteenth century by the clans of the Rothschilds,Warburgs,and Rockefellers. The Mormon's,Jehovah's Witnesses,and many others were called into existence to divert people from true Christianity.

I believe that with the wacky teachings of both the Mormon's and Jehovah's Witnesses this could be true. They both started in the late 1800's and have had a cult following since. What do you think?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Nah. One common goal of all organizations, religious or political, is to control people. The more people you control, the more influence and power your group has.

One threat to all is the ability to think for oneself. That is why freedom of speech, thought, etc is and should continue to be highly prized. I think Jehovah's Witnesses have evolved as they have for the benefit of the leadership and the goals of the cult, nothing more.

• dgp
    dgp

All Time Jeff, I couldn't agree more with you: "all organizations, religious or political, is to control people. The more people you control, the more influence and power your group has". I certainly agree with the rest of your post. You really hit the nail in the head.

• dgp
    dgp

Also, I disagree with the kind of books meant to disclose secret conspiracies. Apparently the conspirators are not smart enough to keep their secrets from becoming known. "The protocols of the elders of Zion" is known to be fake, yet many people still believe it, and some used it to justify the killing of jews.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Sorry but I think Robin de Ruiter is a bit of an imaginative nut job.

It is an interesting premise, and I can see why someone would imagine this scenario and put it in to print, as there are some believable aspects to the story.

However, I agree with AllTimeJeff on this one.

The Oracle

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

No not necessarily it was orchestrated on ignorance in hand with a power playing opportunity to sell magazines and books,

is it any wonder why the corporation eventually announced they they were the true faithful slave guided by god.

Religions market themselves openly like any other commodity to the public, its just that its done unabashedly by certain groups to support themselves..

You have to also consider the money put into this corporation also to keep the presses rolling and not lose the initial investment

in equipment and raw materials, not to mention the magazines that the salesmen needed to continue selling door to door.

Some times you have to look deep inside of the workings of an operation to understand it completely.

• Gordy
    Gordy

dgp says

Apparently the conspirators are not smart enough to keep their secrets from becoming known.

As I recall someone saying "If these Illuminati, Freemasons, Jews, Comminists, Fascists, Catholic Church, etc etc add your own. Have been planning to rule the world for the last few centuries. They have certainly made a lousy job of it."

But maybe thats what they want you to think.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, Joseph Smith was a known Freemason and it's been STRONGLY posited that CTR was a secret one. I do believe that Russell had SOME kind of connection to the Masons, Rosicrucians, or at least one of those esoteric groups, based on his theology and iconography. Something along those lines wouldn't surprise me at all. If the WT turned out to be nothing more than a gigantic ruse developed as a massive mind control experiment, I wouldn't be shocked at all. Nothing surprises me anymore.

• glenster
  • Balsam
    Balsam

Wow I don't know what to say, but its true the Mormons and JW's came on the scene about the same time, but they didn't have any support from the freemasons so far as I know. I think this author may be more focused on conspiracy ideas. Trouble is with those it take the agreement of a pretty large group of people and heck its nearly impossible to get a group of people to agree on anything completely.

I know people of those generations of Jospeh Smith and CT Russell were deeply disappointed in religion as it was set up back in their day. They both broke lose and created their own religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit