Changing WT wording

by KingAgag 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

That "20th century" quote Blondie gave really got to me when it was originally put into the Watchtower. I couldn't believe they were setting another date! Then they just omitted the original!! They have said that the bound volumes are what we should refer to. Then, I knew why.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Excellent examples Blondie thank you!

• pat1060
    pat1060

Any one coming into the org now is told not to read any older books,but just to go forward.When I studied with a neighbor lady a while back she wanted to get some older books just to read a little,but she was told by the elder not to......there own reading material is there worst enemy.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Thanks, blondie.

Your post is useful.

However, that KingAgag is asking us is "the WTS changed wording on watchtowers between magazine and bound volume."
    Do you know further information about this subject?

Probably, since they/GB perform these things always secretly, we do not notice those many at all.
    And their followers do not know more rather than us.

Incidentally, the Watchtower in 1989 is not changed in the Japanese version.
    Possibly perhaps, they changed only English.
    And possibly they deceived only English readers.

possible

• KingAgag
    KingAgag

Thanks for all your replies, especially Blondie (and for your help on my baptism questions thread) Yes, nore WT magazine/volume examples rather than books?

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Blondie stated;

"Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." And he warned: "I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in fifteen years from today, this world is going to be too dangerous to live in." (The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, p.9. [as published prior to 1975]).

"Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." Based on what he knew was then going on in the world, it was his conclusion that soon "this world is going to be too dangerous to live in." (The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, p.9. [as published after to 1975]).

Oh my! If I was a Jehovah's Witness and I had seen that, I think I would immediately cease any involvement with the religion (yes I know it's a cult). They're actually changing the quotes of sources that aren't even affiliated with the organisation!

Is it possible to get a scanned copy of the original and amended version?

This is big, really big!

Regards
    RAB

• Emma
    Emma

Thanks Blondie. If we could only find a way to get our "still in" families to read this. When I stopped attending meetings, my sister's greatest fear was that I'd read "apostate" literature. For her that was worse than adultery or anything else. She would be the one with her hands over her ears so as not to hear what might be the truth.

What are they so afraid of? Why do they think they'll be so easily misled?

• possible-san
    possible-san

Interestingly, about also that blue book, that wording is not changed in the Japanese version.

Probably, for them/GB, they just deceive people in the English speaking world.
    Japanese JWs do not notice that change, either.

However, in the "Insight" book, what is not changed in the English version is changed in the Japanese version.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit