Do you have good memories of associating with JWs?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• iMARX
    iMARX

I remember have fun times when I was little, I like how my dad made the meetings and the ministry really fun, by making games up to make it interesting. I liked how we learnt Sign Language through it as well. We joined a BSL congregation and I've made quite a bit of money from using it in the workplace, so that I'm happy about. Our cong used to do plays based on biblical events and that was fun, but then it got shitty after our family started to fall apart, then we were treated like outcasts.

Now I'm pretty bitter towards the whole thing.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

yes I do have some good memories. There are some really fine people that are JW's.

Just like in the real world.

BTW, where are all the cool new avatars coming from??

• zoiks
    zoiks

I have many wonderful memories, both distant and very recent. The individuals in the org are, for the most part, very good people. Spending time with them was usually fun and interesting.
    Now that I'm on my way out, I feel like they are speaking some crazy cult language when I encounter them. Oh wait...
    My current situation serves to tarnish the memories somewhat.

• carpediem
    carpediem

Yes I do have some good memories. I met some very nice individuals, some of whom have left like me and I am again in contact with. Some I hope will leave at some point, when I will be waiting with open arms and a bottle of champagne!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I know I have some good memories locked up inside of me but the anger overshadows it all right now.

The fact that all those friendships were conditional doesn't help.

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

I always felt out of place when I associated with JWs. There were times I felt I had to watch what I say or do.

In other words, I really didnt have any good memories!

Ciao,

MMN

• RR
    RR

Of course!

• LucyA
    LucyA

Of course I do but allot of my good memorys have been overtaken buy the ones of those same people ignoring me. I WASN'T EVEN BAPTISED FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I do, although many of them are tarnished by the corrosive effects of the religion. Still, I love many people that are still die-hard Dubs, and always will.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I can't think of any.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit