DFed people are "sinning against the Holy Spirit".

by Open mind 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but I did a quick search & couldn't find anything, so here goes.

*** w52 3/1 p. 142 par. 18 Propriety of Disfellowshiping ***
    So then in your private homes you would never open the door and allow that one to come in. You would never extend your hand in fellowship to such an individual. Remember, that individual at one time left the Devil’s organization. He was washed clean by the blood of Christ, he dedicated himself to God and God consecrated him for service. He was a minister. Now he has gone corrupt because he chooses to do so. He is sinning against the holy spirit. He is fighting against God. We cannot have anything to do with him. God is the one that is judging him, and he is using his servants in the earth to point that one out for the protection of the rest of the congregation.

Then in the next paragraph they say,

*** w52 3/1 p. 142 par. 19 Propriety of Disfellowshiping ***
    Can a disfellowshiped person be reinstated, get back into the organization? Yes, he can if he repents.

*in the voice of Enigo Montoya in "The Princess Bride"*

That word, "unforgiveable", I do not think it means what you think it means.

om

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Reads like something Jim Jones would have said to his followers.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If they get used to ignoring you then how will they know for sure "when the wicked is missing"?

j/k

• poppers
    poppers

How can you sin against an "active force"? Isn't that what the JWs claim the holy spirit is? Can you sin against electricity?

• Perry
    Perry
    Remember, that individual at one time left the Devil’s organization. He was washed clean by the blood of Christ,

So, how are the members washed clean since they reject the New Covenant and since the blood that washes clean is ONLY accessible through that Covenant?

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I guess we shouldn't worry our little heads about a silly little thing like that.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

To think that I succumbed to this organization for three decades... The logic these people use is like it's coming from a 5-year-old. And by saying this, I mean no disrespect to actual 5-year-olds.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think that the WTS officially teaches that jws who are df'd have committed the unforgivable sin any more.

*** w69 8/15 p. 512 Questions From Readers ***Even the fact that a person has been disfellowshiped from the Christian congregation does not necessarily mean that he has committed the unforgivable sin. He may later repent. In the early Corinthian congregation an anointed Christian had to be disfellowshiped because of his immorality and lack of evidence of repentance. Yet, apparently, that man was later reinstated into the congregation, showing that he had not sinned against the holy spirit.—1 Cor. 5:1-5; 2 Cor. 2:6-8.

*** w92 9/15 p. 12 par. 19 Jehovah Forgives in a Large Way ***Even if a judicial committee disfellowships an unrepentant sinner, he has not necessarily committed the unforgivable sin. To be forgiven and reinstated, however, he must humbly obey God’s laws, produce fruits befitting repentance, and apply to the elders for reinstatement. After a fornicator was disfellowshipped from the congregation in ancient Corinth, Paul wrote: "This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, so that, on the contrary now, you should kindly forgive and comfort him, that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad. Therefore I exhort you to confirm your love for him."—2 Corinthians 2:6-8; 1 Corinthians 5:1-13.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks Blondie. I was pretty sure that now the WT teaches that if you're even a little bit worried about it, you're probably fine. (What a mind-screwing that is.)

But, back in 1952, didn't they just blatantly contradict themselves from one paragraph to the next?

That was my main point which I obscured with a lame attempt at Princess Bride humor.

om

• minimus
    minimus

yes, "old thought'.

• VM44
    VM44
    He is fighting against God. We cannot have anything to do with him. God is the one that is judging him, and he is using his servants in the earth to point that one out for the protection of the rest of the congregation.

And if it turns out that Jehovah isn't using these "servants"? What then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit