"I Don't Know What I Would Be Capable Of..."

by Cthulhu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

When one brother, who was a very close friend of mine for the whole duration of my time as a Witness, realized that I not only wasn't going to meetings any longer, but had very serious doubts and questions, he made an interesting, and, I'll admit, rather unsettling comment. He was aware that, though I was missing from the Hall, I was still close to a half dozen or so members, associating with some of them on a more than a once or twice weekly basis, and that the majority of these were having doubts of their own. He had me to his home for "a talk." He went on about how I needed to look at things differently, and how I don't deserve the friendship of these people if I won't even go to a meeting here and there. But during one portion of this ranting monologue, when he got a bit heated, this brother said "You have seen me get angry before, but even I have no idea what I would be capable of if I knew a brother was trying to lead someone away from the truth. " Now, I don't exactly know how to take this, or what the hell to expect, especially because everyone seems to be giving me credit for helping a young sister think for herself recently and take steps to remove herself from the org. Did any Witnesses ever make threats against you, directly or implied, or make you feel intimidated? How might you have taken such a comment?

• iceguy
    iceguy

Go get a restraining order on him...sounds like a threat to me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Go get a restraining order on him...sounds like a threat to me.

I agree. If nothing else, others should be aware of what was said. If something happens to you the police should know who to question.

W

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Ok, so this guy invites you to his house to read you the riot act and threaten you? Um, at the very least I would say stay as far away from him as possible, and tell someone whom you trust about the threat. If it gets any worse, get a resrtaining order. Or you could beat him to the punch and kick his ass, LOL!

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I would have shown him what I am capable of when someone threatens me, berates me and tells me I am not worthy of the friendship of my friends. And I can guarantee you he would not have liked finding that out.

The guy sounds like a real nut case.

If you talk to this idiot again record the conversation secretly.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I would have pulled out my 1911, pulled the slide back, and then calmly asked, "Why Brother, whatever do you mean? If I felt you couldn't be my friend anymore I just don't know how I could manage?"

What an asswipe that guy is.

- Wing Commander

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He`s Nuts..

..................OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

A lot of JW's excel in drama. He probably viewed that as an expression of his faith and devotion.

Still, if anyone ever said that to me, I would never have let them get away with that. "What was it that Jesus said brother? Turn the other cheek. Peter wanted a shot to defend Jesus, and Jesus censured him for that. What makes you think you're better then Peter?"

After that, I would tell him to relax.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I would have pulled out my 1911, pulled the slide back, and then calmly asked, "Why Brother, whatever do you mean? If I felt you couldn't be my friend anymore I just don't know how I could manage?"

DITTO!

Taurus 1911 230 grain Gold Dots

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

he is crazy as hell

stay from him

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit