Beth Sharim........Is This Claim Factual????

by ladonna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ana,

It's in the "Proclaimers" book. It's on page 76. Sanitized version of events of course, but it's there 'cos the WTS have been 'forced' by those evil apostates to acknowledge it.

Seems Joe Ratherflawed lived there, just as a caretaker you understand. And anyway, it saved him from living with a wife.

Cheers,
    Ozzie
    "It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• larc
    larc

tera,

When in doubt read the directions. Go to the site found in the first post on this tread.

• avengers
    avengers

Terafera

I'm sorry if I seem a bit naive, but who the heck is Beth Sharim? I've been raised in the Org and never heard of it. Am I the only one?
    The WT bought a house near San Diego around 1925. (check the exact dates yourself).
    They figured that the prophets and all the good men like Abraham and Isaak etc. would then get a ressurrection. The WT fixed up the whole house including bomb shelters and a good car (Cadillac), so that these ressurrected-ones could drive around the country.
    The reason why most JW's don't know these things (and many, many other things) is because the WT tried to sweep it under the carpet, like the UN affair.
    Keep researching and you will find many more dark WT secrets. When you do, post them so we all will know.
  • larc
    larc

Avengers,

That is not how it happened. They orinally believed that the "ancient worthies" would return in 1925 to rule the world from Jerusalem after Armageddon. When this prophecy failed, they built Beth Sarim around 1929. They did not buy it and remodel it. It did not have bomb shelters. They built Beth Shan c.1938, on the adjoining property. Beth Shan had two bomb shelters, one under the main building and one under an out building. Both of the bomb shelters were accessed through a secret door and passage way.

The deed to Beth Sarim was signed by Rutherford to be held in trust for the faithful men mentioned in Hebrews 11. Beth Shan was signed by William Heath, Rutherford's private secretary, and a rich man, and was held in trust for the same men of the OT.

Avengers, you should read the history.

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks again. You guys are right on the ball.
    Can't get anything past you.
    Good to know.

• ISP
    ISP

Here's a snip from the Proclaimers book........

*** jv 76 7 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941) ***
    Concerning Beth-Sarim, the book “Salvation,” published in 1939, explains: “The Hebrew words ‘Beth Sarim’ mean ‘House of the Princes’; and the purpose of acquiring that property and building the house was that there might be some tangible proof that there are those on earth today who fully believe God and Christ Jesus and in His kingdom, and who believe that the faithful men of old will soon be resurrected by the Lord, be back on earth, and take charge of the visible affairs of earth.”
    A few years after Brother Rutherford’s death, the board of directors of the Watch Tower Society decided to sell Beth-Sarim.
    ISP
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I was a good loyal dub when that yearbook came out. I didn't pay much attention to that quote. When I was doing my research as we were leaving running into the full quote was an eye opener.

Whoever wrote the yearbook article knew he was lying to cover a messy piece of WT history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit