Led Zeppelin - Your Favorite All Time Songs from Them ? U-tubes Welcome !

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I saw a Beatles thread was started about favorite songs- so I thought I'd start several threads on other groups who were very important in rock and rolls development ! Here are my favorites from Led Zeppelin, kind of in order.

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Babe , I'm Gonna Leave You

3. Since I've Been Loving You

4. Kashmir

5. Tea For One

6. Dyer Maker

7. All of My Love

8. Achilles Last Stand

9. Whole Lotta Love

10. Dazed and Confused

So these are some of my favorites from the mighty Zep ! I'll post some U-tubes on them later ! Look forward to hearing your picks ! Peace out to all , let's get this Zeppelin party goin " ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Nathan Natas
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

http://new.music.yahoo.com/dread-zeppelin/videos/view/heartbreaker-at-the-end-of-lonely-street--217226560;_ylt=AmJAdVQS2op_soagCr2zDc37syUv

Flipper : I'm the biggest Led Zeppelin fan out there. I had all their albums(before c.d.'s came out) and saw them live in concert in 1977 sitting in the 5th row. It was so loud that I couldn't hear for 2 days. I purchased a poster that night of the band and taped it on my wall when I got home. My mom (who was just starting to study with the Witnesses) took the poster down and ripped it into pieces. She said that the band and I were all posessed from the DEVIL.

I think that the album ''PHYSICAL GRAFFITI" was their best album. One thing I really liked about them was that no two albums ever sounded alike.

Here is a group called DREAD ZEPPELIN who mixed Elvis with Led Zeppelin. See what you think.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Whole Lotta Love as Number 9 . . . ?

You've gotta be kiddin me . . . that's in their Top 3 Best, btw I notice you don't mention The Immigrant Song.

• flipper
    flipper

NATHAN- Prettycool u-tube, thanks for posting.

RULES & REGULATIONS- Thanks for posting the u-tube of Dread Zeppelin. I have heard them before, pretty cool. So you had a mom who threw your Zeppelin poster out ? I had an even WORSE experience ! LOL! My fanatic JW wife hated my Led Zeppelin t-shirt with the Hindenburg smoking and burning ! She threw out my T-shirt without my knowing ! Snuck and threw it out without telling me ! She told me the same thing you were told " It's demonic. " I never forgave her for that ! Fortunately my son just bought me a Zeppelin Hinenburg T-shirt for my birthday. Good son.

And yes- I agree with you - I feel Physical Graffiti was their best album as a whole indeed.

SHIRLEY W- Whole Lotta Love IS a great song for sure ! That's GREAT if it makes the top 3 on YOUR list, that's cool. Believe me, I'm such a Led Zeppelin fan- I like ALL their music - so the fact that " Whole Lotta love " made my top ten out of ALL their songs, that's saying something ! I tended to really love the bluesy depressing songs best from Jimmy Page like my top 3 so that's why THEY ranked so high on my list

• dissed
    dissed

Going to California when I was at Bethel. We was so homesick for the beach, but.....

Stairway for sure

What's next Mr Flipper, the Bee Gees? lol

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry to hear about your T-shirt . . . !

• flipper
    flipper

DISSED- Going to California is a great song too. Stairway is a classic ! Bee Gee's ? Nope. Won't find me posting a thread on them either . Too bubble gum and poppy for me. LOL!

SHIRLEY W - Thanks ! Yeah, my son is pretty cool. Bought me another Zep t-shirt

• Abe L. Toseenow
    Abe L. Toseenow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dvrir5kig I hope i get this right. Kashmir Is my all time favorite song, period. In 1985 we were at the district conv. in wheeling WV, there was a mall by our hotel and I bought ZOSO cassette, went swimming with friends, came back to my room and couldnt find my tape. So I ask my mom if she seen it, She says " I threw that demonic tape in the dumpster, it had the sign of the trinty on it." Man no wonder I so screwed up.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One of my other favorite bands ...........what can you say about Jimmy Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkjv9SscotY&feature=player_embedded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit