Rutherford's trial and the "other judge"

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 9 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I was wondering if the transcript for the trial that sent the GB to prison during the great war was available for download somewhere? Also When you read WT lit they are always saying the judge who presided over the case was corrupt and had accepted bribes, is this true? Any info available on that?

Also I was wondering if there was some in depth discussion/info on the coup Rutherford initiated to take over the Organization after Russell's death in 1916.

PS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You can go to Duane Magnani's site, "Witness Inc." to get the two-volume set, which just happens to be on sale this month:

http://witnessinc.com/ordering_materials.html#General

#286 RUTHERFORD V. UNITED STATES: Read the exciting case of Joseph F. Rutherford, the leader of Jehovah's Witnesses who was found guilty in 1918 of "conspiracy to violate the espionage law" and sentenced to 20 years in the federal penitentiary in Atlanta, GA. All the dramatic court testimony is presented in two large volumes. Here is one of the most controversial trials in the history of American religion. $24.95. / Now Only $9.90

My only affiliation with Duane's site is as a satisfied customer.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the Forum PS. Great question. Have looked up Rutherford on Google and seen what a fraud he was?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If the WTS could have bribed the judge, believe me, they would have. But since they couldn't I suppose they figured he had already accepted a bribe from the other side.

I tidbit of human nature:

A crook sees everyone else through his own eyes, always thinking the other guy is doing exactly what he wants or tries to do. Same goes for abusers. They cannot fathom that some people just might be honest or caring. And they are so busy pointing fingers at everyone else that they forget there are 3 fingers pointed right back at them.

• Mythbuster
  • PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Thanks Mythbuster for the link. I like how they included newspaper clippings.

Nathan: Who is Duane Magnani? The reason I ask is any info gathered I would like to get from impartial sources. You know the drill: All info will be dismissed if it is perceived to be from a so called apostate. I visited the site, he has a lot of info there.

What do we actually know about this judge Howe who presided over the trial?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Pyramid -

If you went to Duane's site, you can read a bit about who he is. He's a former Dub, like most of us here, so (according to the WTB&TS) everything he says - everything ANY "apostate" says - is a conglomeration of lies, even if he's reproducing the official court transcript of rutherford's sedition trial.

Better to call the WTB&TS in Brooklyn and ask for a copy of THEIR transcript of the Rutherford sedition trial. Oh, wait - they don't have one! Isn't that ODD? I wonder why...

You want to know more about Judge H. B. Howe? Well, you know the ONLY source of TRUTH is the WTB&TS, so the man MUST have been particularly evil, since he put Jehovah's "chosen one" in prison. He's probably worse than Pontious Pilate, isn't he?

There an article from the NY Times about the trial that you can download here: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9502E0DD173EE433A25751C2A9609C946996D6CF

But be warned! The NY Times is SATAN's TOOL! Ask the WTB&TS.

• nelly136
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I just had this simple thought while I was reflecting on our "conversation" of this thread:

At least Harlan Bradley Howe (b. 1873) was a REAL JUDGE of the United States District Court, not a temporary lower court Judge like our buddy Joseph Franklin Rutherford, the world renowned [self-proclaimed] Bible Authority™, liar and drunkard whose total term of judicial service was for only part of four days. Yet JFR clung to his phony title for the rest of his life, and had the AUDACITY to speak ill of Judge Howe, who also served his community in the Vermont state house of representatives in 1908.

One reason Rutherford and his co-conspirators were released from jail when the war ended was because JUDGE HOWE PETITIONED on Rutherford's behalf, feeling that whatever danger JFR posed to the US war effort was now moot since the war was over and the US had been victorious. Howe was a better man than JFR in every way imaginable.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Very interesting info Nathan, thanks. Is there any public record of Howe's petition?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit