Wouldn't the death of three suffice?

by AK - Jeff 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I mean, really! Why would a so-called 'loving' God put mankind through millenia of time, untold suffering, death to billions of mankind, all over the sin of a naked lady eating an apple without permission?

How could His need to 'fulfill justice' or whatever theological argument is presented to justify such time to pass before correction - ever equal the pain it has forced mankind to endure?

Why did He not just kill one man, one woman, and one snake-imitating fallen angel - wipe the slate - and start fresh? Even the witness of the 'holy myriads' could be settled with his providing a glimpse of all the horror that would fill the world if he did not just end it here and now!

True - we would not have ever lived - but then one who never lives never misses it does he?

Thoughts?

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It isn't literal, you know. The Genesis thingy.

BTS

• VIII
    VIII

All those angels were watching. Plus the demons. He'd have had to wipe all of them out too. (Witnesses and all) Then he'd really have a bad, sad conscience. So, just let Adam, Eve and Satan do their thing and let the world do it's thing. Oh, and let your only begotten Son come down, get nailed to a cross, etc.

God's real logical.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, BTS, tons of fundies think so. Me? I don't think it is either figurative nor literal. Same category as the Illiad for me. Just silly legend and stories to keep the ancients in line [and the moderns too I suppose].

Yes, exactly VIII.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

There's much more to the story.

God (who really doesn't care what anyone else thinks) decreed that a sinless Someone had to give His life (which is in the blood) to blot out the error of the first parents.

The way in which that was accomplished leaves me, and many others, awestruck.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I respect your right to that opinion, Sylvia. But why? God could make the rules up as he went - there was no rules in place that said so, was there?

Jeff

• VIII
    VIII

Sylvia, God has his sinless Someone give His life to blot out the error of the first parents. (This is according to the *witnesses* who documented it decades later. For the record, unless I write it down, I can't remember what I ate for dinner or how long I jogged on Monday, but, *those* events are not historical; I can see why they waited decades. They really wanted to get it right, right?) So, if it was supposed to blot out the errors, etc, why didn't it blot out the errors of all future generations?

Why let future generations be imperfect and why let all the pain and suffering go on and on?

Why no other *signs* from God or His Someone?

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's how He rolls.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow.

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL.

I luvs you, Jeff.

Sylvia