Catch me up, what's happened in the past 17 years?

by restoretherepublic 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restoretherepublic
    restoretherepublic

Hola,

I left the WT 17 years ago and haven't looked back.

What have been the biggest changes, manipulations, doctrines,

lies, etc., of the Watchtower Organization in the past 17 years?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's the same old crap. Sell books and magazines at doors and work for free.

• restoretherepublic
    restoretherepublic

Right,...

but what's up with their crucial doctrines like 1914?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!

Actually there have been a lot of changes... the "generation" teaching changed twice.

Do you know about the Watchtower involvement with the United Nations?

Organ transplants are now allowed... as are several portions of blood (called "fractions")

The gate on the "annointed" was lifted, so there are more partakers at the Memorial every year!

The home bookstudy groups were stopped (even though that was always touted as being the "most important meeting")

The Watchtowers are now printed in a "public" version and a "study" version... what do they have to hide?

Where do we start... keep reading!

• thetheory
    thetheory

Holy cow, when were the bookstudies stopped? That's unbelievable.

They were easily my least favorite meeting of the week. Until we got a new family in the congregation, which included a sister I was very interested in, and it became my favorite meeting. Until a twenty-something brother in our congregation from Patterson got assigned to our bookstudy, and then that sister couldn't be bothered to talk to me anymore, as she was another one who was dying to get married to a brother from Patterson. So, yes, when I left the truth, it was again my least favorite meeting of the week.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Right,...
    but what's up with their crucial doctrines like 1914?

Dude, I'm telling you, it's all the same.

Go to www.watchtower.org and see for yourself.

JWs = Good

Everyon Else = Bad, Bird Food, Toast, Jehovah's Going to Kill Them

All of Churches = From the Devil

They change a detail here or there, but it's the same old stuff.

• Gayle
    Gayle

You have missed out a lot. The WTS lost millions of dollars against France, France says the WTS owes in tax. The WTS has lost several lawsuits. Nine lawsuits are stated here,, the WTS has known of pedophiles and protected them. Note here by NBC News: (cut and paste)

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/&fg=&from=00&vid=e23e8a3c-9c9d-4898-9a23-dde52fbc70db&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:0:tag:News_Editors%20Picks:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

Jehovah's Witnesses recently are banned in Russia now as "extremists."

Associated Press article:

http://exjw.meetup.com/431/messages/8488098/

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

they have changed a load of things, wash, rinse , recycle

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, one of the biggest problems is the steady increase of the "anointed". It's pushing 10K...

And there's like 6 new guys on the GB. They're all in their 50s, I believe.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

why do some constantly state that the study editions are so dubious as the witnesses are intent on hiding them... After all, they are accessible to all for mp3 and pdf downloading at their website....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit