Help re: objections to Christmas

by greenie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• greenie
    greenie

Thanks all. Dig692, I really like your answer. And my family knows not to put him in an awkward postion, like by making him decorate a tree or sing Christmassy carols, etc. I think it's always good for him to see how the other side lives because it also helps dispel some of the mistruths he grew up learning.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello greenie,

This is all you need :)

Romans 14:6 (New International Version)

6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Blessings, Stephen

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Acclimate your JW friend slowly....eggnog and toll house cookies should do it!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Invite him. If he wants to sit outside in the snow while you party up, that's his choice.

If he wants to bully you into not having Xmas, tell him you will consider that AFTER he has answered your question about 607, NOT BEFORE.

Cheers

Chris

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You can always play the "question with a question" card.

What does the bible say about Christmas, they will ask ( since the bible mentions nothing about Christmas)

You counter with:

What does the bible say about anniversaries? ( Nothing as well, yet they are OK in the WT).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit