Reunion with my family

by wha happened? 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

When I became a JW back in 1989, I had already alienated my family. This lasted until a few months ago. When Mom got sick, they were there. Mom passed away and they were there. And ever since then they constantly keep an eye on me.

I'm trying to catch up and act like the family member I should have acted like

• flipper
    flipper

You are re-connecting with your JW family, or family in general ? I'm trying to decipher what you mean exactly. I'm sure you are being supportive , you are a good guy

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe you are not finished with your first post on this thread?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

sorry..

lisa

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

Wha

I know exactly how you feel.

I am so glad that my family has not treated me they way I treated them for years. While no family is perfect I will never ever again turn my back on a group of people who love and care for me no matter what. This year will be my first real holiday season with them, I might even quietly apolize to them for being such an a**.

Wish you the best and enjoy your new family

• whoknows
    whoknows

I'm glad something good came out of something sad. I can relate to feeling I have to make up for not being there for my family as I should have been. It's wonderful to have a second chance!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They really are making an effort to reconnect. This weekend we're getting together for breakfast.

• nugget
    nugget

The great thing with people who love you is that you can put the past behind you and make a real difference.

Remember the wasted years were not entirely your fault you were part of a high control group and you were not yourself. Now you can show them the real loving you. They sound like a great family you should fit right in.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've been chatting away with them. It's all so new

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit