the biggest JW facebook group just vanished

by Aussie Oz 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Simon Morely...interesting! If you hear anymore good rumors or info, start a new thread and let us know, this kind of stuff is "encouraging", "just what we need", "very timely"

re: facebook, this is interesting as well! wonder if the admin was getting some heat for organizing it in the first place. It'll be interesting to see if the wts comes down specifically on facebook. I have a small handful of elder friends on it. (they use it to ask for 'hands' when they have a q&a part on the meeting ((puke))

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I think undercover has it right. Why go near them on facebook? Stay away, just like you avoid the meetings at the Kingdom Hall. Infiltrating their group just plays into their hands, feeding their persecution complex. Why do that?

GLT

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

well, this thread has taken off hasn't it!

i never have tried to argue with any JW before, so i went in to play around a bit. I wanted to see how they handled certain subjects. sure it makes them feel like they have battled a dragon and won, but actually in the two debates i had going they actually had to think not parrot. If i can make one person rethink that religion i will. Besides i want to keep my eye on what goes on... i still have two kids in there to look out for.

not that i need to defend being in there, but some did ask why bother.

Oz

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

tresdecu: I will try - it is harder now, but it is amazing how many of the elders on the BOE are quick to "share" stuff they should not. There are a couple who are very indifferent right now and are reaching much the same conclusions as me - I can tap them. However, I cut a close tack to the wind and not reveal my most inner feelings. With the years as an elder - I learned "doublespeak" the universal language that all elders understand.

Simon Morley

• bohm
    bohm

AUSSIE OZ: I think its great; its my experience that the average jw know very little about the real problems with the faith, they usually have some cartoonish idea of what an 'apostate' go around and think. Exposing them to the real arguments is a good beginning, heck, you might piss one of them off so much he will actually research a topic like 607 by himself to proove you wrong (talk about a long day at the library).

If you want to, i would be very happy if you would share the debate on here at some point - it is my experience that all jw's pretty much use the same arguments, fallacies and methods of distraction again and again, so it would have a lot of interest to me, and be a whole lot more interesting than a lot of other threads!

• freydo
    freydo

Dubs are trapped like those outside who see things that their senses don't want to believe. They're too concerned with football scores to be conceerned with what's being put in the water or the aluminum dioxide that's being sprayed over their heads, and told they have a mental problem if they ask questions. It's all about information control, security and $$$. Read the wt, listen to mainstream news and try to ignore the rumors and "inconvenient facts." Go to meetings, field circus etc. Go to football games, discuss the weather, etc. Just ignore the rumors and facts. It just can't be that bad.

• Black Sheep
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

@Bohm

unfortunatley every single post, member, thread etc vanished. I wish i had saved the pages of comments.

I remember as proof of the statemant that {quote}'if we marry an unbeliver, we actually make them a target of extra focus from satan and the demons', the following:

adam and eve; job and his wife; Peter and jesus; Esau and his wives; King solomon and the pagan wives.

Needless to say, none of them have anything to do with Extra satanic attention, hell some are not even uneven yoking, and peter and jesus, when did they get married?

the 1914 wt references just had one fellow getting real upset about my being critical.

Oz

I will see if i can remember the debates better... but it did send them to the books

• ziddina
    ziddina

"In fact I think we should all join this group so it will be infiltrated with apostates..."

Urk! Good idea; I'd join except I'm bible-scripture-deficient - figured out it wasn't the 'troooth' when I spotted the volcanic nature of the bible's Middle Eastern god... There's no way I could effectively engage a JW on a basis that they'd accept ('scriptural' basis...)

Besides, I HATE FACEBOOK!!! Every time I try to enter the site, my password doesn't work; I have to re-enter it; it works immediately afterwards, then DOESN'T work again!!! I hate Facebook...

Zid

jk

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

For those questioning why to join an active JW Facebook group, think of it this way;

It reinforces with the GB that this is a dangerous site. It will be viewed as a place where apostates are secretly trying to drag the brothers and sisters out of the truth. It will not be tolerated.

You can have the viewpoint that it only increases their self absorbed idea that they are being percecuted. I would argue that those who adopt this view are those following blindly. and will stay in no matter what the borg says.

I believe the more likely scenario is those who are told to close their FB accounts may either refuse to do so or begrudgingly do so. It may cause those teetering to realize the high control mentality of this religion. Also, those with FB accounts are those who have deafened the very stated warnings of these social networking groups. They are not the "strong" friends. I also cannot help tp wonder how many 13-18 year olds will be p*ssed off at this stupid rule.

The point is, don't join to argue with JW's. Join to force these individuals to make a choice, freedom or the cult.

Tread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit