Has there every been a JWD census?

by feenx 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Couldn't a sort of online poll be set up that doesn't record any data about the respondents other than their answers? How would that give up private information?

• bohm
    bohm

I have given some thought to how to do a baysian analysis on various quantities related to jehovahs witnesses demography; specifically stuff like the cummulative propability that a born in leave, or the average age at which it happens (from that and birth/age statistics it should be possible to estimate the current average age and try to figure out future trends in jw land). I think the two most relevant quantities in a poll would be: Your current age. The age you was babtized. The age you left and prior to leaving, how long did you fake attendance.
    Furthermore it might be interesting to add: Age(s) at the time of leaving of those you know who left the witnesses, as well as number of siblings in/out, but it comes with some interesting problems when it comes to modelling.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    MadSweeny wrote; Couldn't a sort of online poll be set up that doesn't record any data about the respondents other than their answers?

There have been a few. Last one I remember was about 4 months ago.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit