Why should God need a human organisation on earth?

by Dold Agenda 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

1 Corinthians 1:10; I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Yet Paul continues in defining what he means in subsequent verses. he says that these divisions are people claiming they were baptized in Crispus or others while all should simply be in Christ. he is not asking for uniformity in beleif...but against following anyone other than Jesus.

I will later comment on the other verses.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thank you isaacaustin! :)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

you are welcome

Heb 10:24, 25; And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Two points here:

#1 This simply admonishes to not forsake gatherings together...it does not speak of a one true organization. At most it inidcates a meeting together of like-minded ones.

#2 This was actually speaking regarding Jews who were still zealous for the Law withdrawing from, forsaking social gatherings among the other Jews and Gentile Christians who were not keeping the Law.

2 Cor 6:15-18; What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
    17"Therefore come out from them
    and be separate, says the Lord.
    Touch no unclean thing,
    and I will receive you."
    18"I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

This simply contrasts Christ versus the Devil. One must read 'one true organization' into this for it to be there.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks It's all twisted because I did agree that most of the idea of organization "One must read 'one true organization' into this for it to be there."

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Like ...

Acts 20:28; Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

1 Cor 11:3; Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Psalms 133:1; How good and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in unity!

The psalmist affirms the benefits of family unity according to one source... http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Psa&chapter=133#n3

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Acts 20:28; Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

1 Cor 11:3; Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

I was stating that none of this scripture incourage the idea of a man made organization. It just states simply the holy spirit and christ provides...

• sd-7
    sd-7

Mark 9:38-41: "John said to him: 'Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us.' But Jesus said: 'Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; for he that is not against us is for us. For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink on the ground that you belong to Christ, I truly tell you, he will by no means lose his reward.' "

Jesus here had a clear opportunity to put his foot down in support of an organization where people were in lock-step with him and his disciples. Instead, he makes a statement that is clearly against organization. All that mattered was that this man belonged to Christ, not what group he was with.

We might add that, given the lack of ability to travel, it is unlikely that a governing body could have maintained much real control over the congregations in the first century. There were obviously many different personal beliefs being held in the congregations, but such personal views were not generally seen as a problem so long as the basic truth--Jesus died for us as was raised to life, faith in him means salvation, there will be a resurrection, etc.--was upheld. To suggest that men were needed to rein in Christ's congregation when holy spirit was so clearly active amongst them is to deify the concept of organization. To make it at the very least equal to Christ and probably equal to God. Read enough Watchtower articles and this becomes clear.

God has worked through individuals--in fact, organizations in the Bible generally became very corrupt. Think of the Israelite kings, sitting on Jehovah's throne, supposedly. Samuel, an individual, as opposed to Eli's sons, who had prominent positions in Jehovah's organization yet were grossly immoral and greedy. Elijah, an individual, facing the organization which had turned to false worship. Gideon, also an individual, but there was obviously no organization for him to turn to because everyone else was worshipping idols. Can we even name a prophet who was bound to an organization? Most of them operated as rogue elements in an organization that shunned worship of God and at times demanded the loyalty of everyone around them, sometimes thinking they were doing the right thing.

Many of the Bible's stories are of those operating either outside of an organization or inside an organization, trying to shake things up and get people to serve God the right way. So no, God doesn't need an organization on earth.

SD-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did`nt Jesus say "Where ever 2 or more are gathered"..?

2 is`nt an organization..

The word "Organization" is`nt in the Bible..

So why pretend there is?..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thank you thank you so much sd-7 that was put well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit