Update on BorgHater and a message to my mumsie

by BorgHater 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Hello again everyone, i haven't posted on here in ages.

Just wanted to give a little update really. My story so far (very briefly) is that i found this site and the Yuku discussion board in about April this year and that led me to more research on the WTBTS. Although my parents and i had distanced ourselves from the org for a few years (mainly after watching the Panorama programme on the child abuse issue) i was still amazed and shocked at what i was finding out. I showed my mum and dad and thankfully they also saw the light. Our whole world was shaken up and turned upside down, but we were so glad to have found out the truth about 'the truth' and have been trying to rebuild our lives since then.

Well, recently my parents decided to officially DA themselves and had to tell my mum's JW family about it and the reasons they were DA'ing. We knew they would be upset but omg, their reaction was even worse than we anticipated!!! For people who are claiming to be the only true christians, they sure know how to be viscous, vitriolic and spiteful! My poor mum has been so ill and upset all week and i've been worried she's either going to have a stroke or a really bad nervous breakdown over it all. Fortunatley, she had made some new and very supportive christian friends and has been in touch with some lovely ex-jw's who have shown the kind of love and unconditional friendship we never experienced as jw's.

I am so proud of my mum for having the guts to stand up to her family and risk losing them forever. Although she doesn't post on here yet, i know she comes on here everyday so if you are reading this mum - i want you to know you are the best mum in the world and you've absolutely done the right thing, however painful it has been. At least, thanks to JWN you know you are not alone xxxxx

Thanks for letting me share that

BorgHater x

• Bourne
    Bourne

BorgHater,

I'm sorry that you are receiving such treatment from those that were supposed to be friends "sticking closer than a brother in times of distress".

It's sad that religion does this to people. Especially among those professing to be imitators of Christ, who taught love and forgiveness, seeking out sinners to teach and to heal.

However, it's heartwarming that there are others that have stepped in to encourage and offer support.

Please accept my best wishes for you and family in this time of need.

Take care,

Bourne

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Thanks so much Bourne, for your kind words

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear your family made non-JW friends before coming out of the spiritual "closet". The reaction you describe is SO predictable based on similar stories on this site.

I wish you all strength and healing in the months ahead.

om

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Thanks OM, your good wishes mean alot to us

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so proud of your immediate family, being all together on this. It's wonderful when people 'stand up' and be counted for the exposure of the WTS.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Wow...BIGGGGGG HUGS to your whole family honey. Mumsie hang in there sweetie. Time will help this. Surround yourself with people who love you UNCONDITIONALLY. Perhaps the rest of your family will follow you out when they see how HAPPY you are outside that spiritual jail.

You are all very brave. We hope we can help fill the gaping holes left after the "Troof" has been surgically removed. :)

Wuz

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Thank you Gayle, i'm proud of them too

WuzLovesDubs - aw, thanks for the hugs. I think you are so right about letting the family see how happy we are now we have left the Borg xx

BorgHater x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear that it went so badly BorgHater, but at least your parents had enough of their own minds left intact to get out.

With a bit of luck her parents might settle down in a few months or years and stop behaving like a*holes.

Hugs to all of you.

Cheers

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats to you Borghater.

And Borghater's mum, please post here and let us get to know you. Although my mom witnessed cover ups of child molestation and domestic violence that I experienced within the congregation, she remains in the organization and has shunned me for more than 20 years. Hearing from people like you ives people like me hope.

Don't fret, dear one. There are many people in the world who will gladly take the place of the jw family members who are treating you badly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit