If You Want to Expose JW's, Get it Right!

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

ZIDDINA- Very neat story ! I like it ! Good object lessons in that story for sure . Now if at least SOME of the witnesses will see how weird they're cult is like so many other cults, then perhaps the numbers will continue to increase of people exiting the JW's to find freedom of mind ! Wouldn't THAT be great ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

There is one Youtube site totally dedicated to finding "subliminal" images in the publications. You be the judge. I don't think all of it is intentional but some of it seems rather suspicious.

http://www.youtube.com/user/binsubimages#p/u/26/2CvL7FUgWb0

LS

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Subliminal art - it is like those 3d posters that some people see gibberish and others see 3d shapes in them. I happen to see it in the publications and if you are one who does not then you just won't.

It is a bad idea to use the art as a way to criticize, since it is subjective enough to be nearly unprovable. My theory is that the artist wants to sign her work somehow, but can not overtly do so with a name, so works some subtle jest into the art. Others may be in Bethel and realize what a sham it is so they telegraph it in subtle ways with the art, maybe even unknowingly. Hey, this is art! Not science.

Years ago I used to work at a daily newspaper and the pages were done up on film negative. I would get a scribe and scratch tiny things in the comics, which would be printed. A very busy image was a great place to hide something. Then I would call someone in another office the next day to see if they saw it. It was quite an amusing game for me. Now I wonder if some citizen ever noticed this art and spun a conspiracy theory off of my jests.

Anyway, there is plenty of objective verifiable material to show the corporation for what it is, so no need to wander into subjective mine fields.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Good post jeff, even as a newbie i am only looking for proven facts, indisputable writings and reasonings. Hearsay and theology dont do it for me. rumours may be interesting to follow but cant be used at all as proofs.

but i must say, pretty much all the big truths have been exposed and i just want to digest them.

Oz

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just wanted to bump this with an added comment about Rick Fearon and Six Screens.....

It wouldn't surprise me that there are higher ups at Bethel who think it a good idea to expose the JW's from the inside. Cynicism reigns at Bethel since 1995, so it's all good.

The reason I speak against Rick's methods isn't that I think his obvious intent is bad or wrong. It is that the means in no way justify the means.

Simply put, as I have said many times, most people really don't care too much about JW's or there problems or the problems associated with leaving JW's and trying to become "normal."

And, AND, there are a lot of groups and religions that treat people just like JW's do. (i.e. you and your spirituality isn't as important as the groups agenda)

So I really think we have to be realistic.

I have compared Rick Fearon and has ridiculous website to Captain Ahab in Moby Dick. Not satisfied with surviving with most of his limbs and moving on, he was determined to spend the rest of his life in a quest for revenge against an opponent that is obviously stronger, almost always under water and thus, no one can really see the enemy.

That whale is JW's.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that the group is stronger then "us". Nor is it bad to say, "We were hurt. Maimed. Harmed. Robbed. Deprived..." Whatever.

There does come a point though that we have to realize that whatever we lost, we do have to live the rest of our life. Do we spend the rest of our life seeking our own version of revenge and chase the whale?

I think it's fair to say that not all of us are going to, or were ever going to make good decisions with our lives. So be it.

So while Rick is absolutely allowed to do and say what he wants, that doesn't mean he gets away from me calling bullshit to his crap.

Anyway, it's pretty cool being a former JW. I just hope we all realize that of all the help available on the internet, the biggest reason we left is ultimately in the mirror. For better or worse, we figured it out on our own and followed that. Congrats!

Let's root for as many real honest hearted JW's still in to be able to respond to their own conscience and be honest and leave of their own accord, no matter how difficult it may be.......

• wobble
    wobble

A great post above Jeff, I determined it was a waste of not only my life, but my emotion, to "chase the whale". I will still be subversive in any way I can, but results are simply a bonus.

This is a very important thread as a whole too, as has been said get one fact, or even a nuance wrong, and Dubs will reject your whole argument.

If you are too lazy to check your argument, that it is 100% irrefutable, then don't use it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As far as I remember the only REAL example of subliminal art was the 'Zeus on a skirt' magazine. ( The Watchtower. 2/1/83. pg.17)

See full size image

I don't believe much of the other sub art stuff because you can find evil art on a cornflakes box if you squint hard enough.

I am yet to research fully the 'mock theChrist' ritual that we know as the Memorial but the similarity is very interesting.

Even with absolute PROOF POSITIVE the average 'mind cleansed' JW will refuse to see anything bad coming from the higher than god GB.

Nice post Jeff!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Was this before or after you used it to clean your backside?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit