Ex-JWs, How Many People Have Left the WTBTS Due To Your Efforts?

by ziddina 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• besty
    besty

12,000 people have read my Google article on shunning and Jehovah's Witnesses, which is the number 1 Google result for 'jehovah shunning'

and my life story on JWN and Freeminds has been read by about 3,000 people

hopefully a few people that have read these articles have been helped along the road to leaving

• Satanus
    Satanus

'cult members who are truly happy'

It's my opinion that some people need an institution to order their lives, something bigger than themselves, that they can be a part of. For them, the cult fills a need, and makes them happy. Unless they are in a position where they are damaging society or damaging other people, i don't see a reason to extract them. Without their cult, they might sink into an even lower and more destructive life style. Why not leave them and their happiness intact? It's the suffering ones that need extraction. Those who could be so much more, if they were free of a cult.

S

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow Bessty! Congrats! And to everyone for commenting! Very enlightening!

I've been 'floating' around the board and reading a lot of stuff - have begun to suspect that the underlying mechanism of the "best" approach [and there must be many "BEST" approaches...] would be to get the JW, even the uber-JW, to trust you enough to begin confiding in you about the things that most bother THEM...

I really don't think ANYone is TRULY happy in a cult... Truly SELF-deluded, perhaps... In too deep to see the light, perhaps... But not really happy... If one can 'tap' into that hidden reservoir of discontent, doubt, disaffection - that could be the beginning of an exit...

Zid

jjk

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Satanus, it is the suffering ones who come here anyway. That is why an organized movement of some kind out of the realm of the internet to me is a waste of time.

There is more then enough information on JW's for people to free themselves. The key is, people need to free themselves. No one can do that for another person.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Deluded, but happy. Is there anyone who doesn't even just a smidgeon of delusion, iether to the positive or the negative? Perhaps, there would be a time for those to exit, but it is not yet. Perhaps, they need the delusion and happiness, because they cannot, not yet face reality. Many peoplehave things hidden in their subconscouses, which they do not want to see. And, for good reason. They automatically keep them hidden until they can and are ready to face them.

S

• Open mind
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Satanus

Why not leave them and their happiness intact?

In my case, the Dubbies in my life are adept at recruiting new victims into their La La land.

My parents have had the truth about the Truth explained to them at many doors. I have seen Dad's pet arguements on the immortal soul trashed by a Lutheran when I was 12 years old. They have struggled to keep their cognitive dissonance it its box with wacko logic and lies that made my head spin as a kid. They had all of the information they needed to work out that they had been duped and they ignored it and used pshychological warfare on me and any other friend and family member who lifted the lid off their box for them. They have recruited new victims in areas that were cult free before we arrived there, preaching a BS message to the innocent who, in turn, abused their children and families.

They chose to join this madness. They deserve to understand what they did before they die.

Cheers

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

None i am aware of, but I do my best to stop uotsiders from becoming interested.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Still one in the sense of going to meetings/etc, only because I'm waiting for Jehovah's direction on what he wants me to do. I know, and from myself too, that it is near impossible to flat out mention the falsehood, etc, to anyone. It's mentally blocked out as a trick, etc, and also the fear, that if listening to this, your going to be deserted and on your own. (that is true, in a sense)

I was awoken by the SCRIPTURES and by what I see going on in the congregation. For years I didn't see any falsehood being taught in scriptures, and took the history and abuse I saw going on as imperfect men. The part that awoke me up was after deep prayer, part of James 1:5 (i think, no time to look it up), about asking for Godly wisdom. Then in my reading I was all of a sudden coming across hundreds of scriptures showing what is going on today, the falsehoods being done, how angry, VERY ANGRY God is with what is being done in his name, and my first inclination was to get the heck out, (the flight when catching sight of the disgusting thing causing desolation), at the same time, ran into a bunch of scriptures about seeking the lost sheep, being sent in as sheep amondst wolves, remaining as you are when awakened, and also know that if I physically leave, would be impossible to help or talk to anyone, as none would listen at all. So at the moment as I'm leading God instruct me and learning the true truth, if he wants me to physically leave the organization, or remain in to try to help some there.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Or does anyone know around where he lives? City/state? There are many Raymond Franz's in the USA lol. He seems to be one who does believe in the bible and God and was trying to do the right thing, wondering what his current beliefs are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit