Many JWs Have A Smug Punky Attitude...What About ExJWs?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many Witnesses that I know have this attitude of superiority and "I'm smarter and better" than you. Are ex Witnesses that much different?

• JWoods
    JWoods

That is indeed smug, but is it punky? Yes, I guess it is -

As to why, I think it is because of an inner inferiority complex.

As to ex-JWs, it depends on the individual case entirely. Many have given up on formal religion completely, others (sadly, IMHO), have become evangilistas and some even come here to "preach the lord" in a disdainful manner; even claiming to be the Word itself...

• asilentone
    asilentone

The way I look at it, some old habits are not that easy to break.

• minimus
    minimus

I see some here that have no superiority attitude. Some genuinely don't want to be anything like a JW. Others seem to still have that disposition.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I see some here that have no superiority attitude. Some genuinely don't want to be anything like a JW. Others seem to still have that disposition.

I'm sure you would think so, but I know better.

• minimus
    minimus

u r on a roll today, keyser!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yankees SUCK!!! The Battlecry Through Out New England

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Walkin
    Walkin

My attitude is this, I know what I know and that is that I know that the more I know, I know that I don't know.

Wrap your tonque around that one Minimus.

Walkin

• I quit!
    I quit!

You have to have that attitude when you are a JW. You are in the one true religion. You go to the KH and sings about what a great bunch of guys you are and how God likes you best. You have all the answers and Jehovah is going to kill everyone that disagrees with your belief. The superior attitude is optional with exjw. You would think that after a person finds out that everything they believed as a JW was a crock they would back off believing that they have all the answer but strangely a lot of people who leave the Watchtower and get into something else become just as convinced they have all the answers and if you disagree you are just plain out of touch with reality. It isn't just the Fundamentalist Christian either. There are Fundamentalist atheist here who will tell you there is no God and that this life is all there is with all the certainty of a fundie telling you Jesus is coming soon. That being said I think most of the people on this forum respect others beliefs and their past history as a witness has made them less likely to claim they have it all figured out.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ OUTLAW!

That picture pretty well captures my wife's attitude towards the Watchtower these days.

I love Isaac Newton's attitude and try to remind myself to cultivate it daily:

" If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit