Baptism numbers decreasing?

by Mattieu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yet in the service meeting announcements this week they read a letter from Big Brother stating that there was a 4% increase in peak publishers in 2009, a 9% increase in Bible studies, and they touted some huge baptism number, too, that I didn't manage to get written down.

There was an assembly in my region in the 2009 service year with 0 baptized. I've haven't seen double-digits get baptized for years, even at a district convention.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

here in south Italy 9 but only 1 was new other was sons

• dinah
    dinah
    Yet in the service meeting announcements this week they read a letter from Big Brother stating that there was a 4% increase in peak publishers in 2009, a 9% increase in Bible studies, and they touted some huge baptism number, too, that I didn't manage to get written down

Not in the States. I do believe more are leaving or being df'd than are getting baptised.

Think of it this way. If they were honest about the lack of increase, it would be even harder to get the sheeple out in field service.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That's what I'm saying. What we're seeing doesn't match what they're telling us. A 4% increase in the USA? Really?

• Walkin
    Walkin

Figures don't lie, but lies figures.

Walkin

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Another problem for the WTS is that families today aren't as large as they used to be such as the baby boomers of the 50's

and 60's, with so few families being started there are less 10 to 20 year olds getting baptized which made up a majority of the number .

The age demographics are quite different in the halls these days, with the majority of the members in the 40 and older age group.

I too think the WTS is fudging the numbers to make the organization appear thriving and growing, but then again they never post the numbers

who have left, to me that would override the the numbers who get baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit