Conspiracies thrive in minds open to influence

by Elsewhere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JAFO
    JAFO
    Bottom Line: If you are inclined toward conspiracy theories, it's because you are easily influenced.

I don't agree.

Conspiracy: noun

1. A secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act.
    2. A plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)
    3. A group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose

Careful study of history shows that many key events were manipulated behind the scenes by small groups of individuals pushing their own agenda.. (as Judge Dread's post shows) which is conspiracy by definition. Regular history books by and large act as if such things didn't happen, or were the exception rather than the rule. The reality is that it's the reverse.. Conspiracy to manipulate events is the norm. There are always conspiracies taking place.. the most successful ones are never noticed, or not discovered until many years later, as evidence comes to light.

I could add quite a few more events to that list JD linked to.. but frankly, I have other things to do right now..

• Gill
    Gill

Excellent article as it proves that if you want to 'knock' someones opinion, view or ideas all you have to do is bring their 'charactar', mental ability or mental health into question.

That way you get to say, 'well he would think like that, wouldn't he. There must be something wrong with his head!'

I believe this kind of tactic is used against the '9 - 11' conspiracy theorist, the Global Warming doubters and those who believe there was more to the death of JFK than meets the eye. Even Hitler and Stalin used the 'mental health' card against those who doubted their policies.

Governments and their lackys do not like to be questioned and so everyone who questions them is bad in one way or another and they can pay any psychologist in the world to say so......with YOUR money!

Hows that for a conspiracy theory??

• middleman
    middleman

To merely label a person a "conspiracy theorist" without weighing the facts, is the same as a JW using the "apostate" label on one that has research, that they don't have. Yes some info may be true some may not, do the research then make your judgment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit