Hillarious "Counsel" from Platform -Classic

by lepermessiah 14 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Very funny!! I took my kids to see the new Twilight movie twice and they read all the books. I'm so glad we don't give into the hypocrisy anymore, it feels so great!!! My daughter is still is friendly with one of the elders daughters who was allowed to read all the books but when my daughter invited her to watch the movie she said her parents wouldn't let her watch the movies.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Now how do these elders know so much about these books and movies unless they actually read/viewed them for themselves?

• inbetween
    inbetween

going to watch the movie tonight

• pirata
    pirata
    Second - This REALLY takes the cake. He went OFF on the book "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus" even going as far to calling IT DEMONIC (LOL...HAHAHAHA) and by saying that it is full of horrible advice, etc. I was cracking up laughing since:

LOL! I was reading that book and one sister found out and said that we should not look at worldly philosophy. I mentioned that the book was suggested in the Awake! (g94 1/22 pg. 4) and they pursued the matter no further.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

At the CA several years ago, the CO gave a talk about a sister who was dating a brother on an online JW dating site. Evidently, the brother was married and just a total jerk who misled the sister. Anyway the CO told us that we shouldn't do any online dating because we would only meet a "creepy loser." He got a good laugh. The reality is there's a great many creepy losers inside the KH, you don't have to go online to meet them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit