Can a witness avoid ever being disfellowshipped or reproved?

by dgp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AggieNostic
    AggieNostic

Yes. Me. I have not been DF'd nor DA'd. Stopped going to meetings 4 years ago.

My wife and I separated at that time, but are now happily together almost 3 years - so there was a 1 year there that all kinds of rumors/observations of me with another woman... I rec'd a few emails, and a few initial phone messages the first couple of months - but nothing since.

immediate family - mom/dad, brother, inlaws have kept their distance from me - and now from all of us since none of us go to meetings and have totally driven religion out of our lives.

so it depends on how aggressive the local body is and if they really care. IMO the assumption is that we no longer recognize ourselves as JWs and do not cause any trouble with the congregation - so no need to take action. If we ever go back (hardly!) then I will have to face the music...

Since this is my first post - part time lurcher the past several years - I dont want to hijack this thread. If there is any interest in my bio - I can post it later...

By the way, I have appreciated all the folks on this site for years and feel close to you - even though we don't even know one another.

- AN

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I have a theory. yes it is possible. but that belies the 'clean congrgation' theory. like so many others I am DF'd because I had the balls to be honest and true to my own beliefs despite the losses.

i believe many of the liars are the ones still active. - this proven in the fact that many posters on here are active and living a lie to everyone. - not to offend those posters they have their reasons, but it does prove the point that the cong does contain those only pretending to follow its ways, while it claims to keep clean.

again - the fault doesnt really lie with those still in, rather the strange logic of the organisation. - cast out the honest, keep those that hide who they are...

• cattails
    cattails
    this proven in the fact that many posters on here are active and living a lie to everyone.

I don't see that I'm living a lie to anyone. My life is what it is. As much as I would like to do some things differently I'm having to make choices, one of the choices is not to lose family and friends I have now. If the WTS didn't have the stupid shunning policy non of my family or friends would shun me if I left would they?

So I do what I feel I have to. If that's leading a double life to you well maybe it is. But my life isn't a lie to me, "it is what it is", (a phrase I say mocking someone in oversight who was very fond of saying it all the time, ex. "Field Service isn't hard, it is what it is," yeah right).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It helps if you are very wealthy, famious and have good lawyers on retainer.

Michael Jackson

Jackson Family

Serena Williams

etc...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yes. There are 2 types of JW's who will never get in trouble.

1. Uptight, self righteous butt clenchers who could create diamonds by sticking coal up certain orifices... and
    2. Liars

One thing I learned when I left, there are a lot of JW's in name who didn't play the game. Good for them.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Hee hee, I did the denial of baptism. Complete lie of course but how the heck can they prove it? It was so long ago and they don't keep any sort of records. Just tell them, no I never got baptised!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes. You can embarrass them to the point where they would look totally stupid for disfellowshipping you. It's a harder thing to accomplish though, but I did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit