Maybe being a Witness wasnt so bad?

by acolytes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The best thing about my Witless experience: when it ended, I felt clear-headed and good about life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well the only thing I can thank the WT for is they made me quit smoking
    But I suffered many years of beatings from my hubby to stop being a JW
    but as the Elders told me ,that was the persecution Jah told us about.
    I gave up a fabulous job,to go preach before 1975 came ...I was a asst: Manager
    I then went cleaning...washing floors, etc: with Rheamatoid Arth,
    I lost my love for my Mother & Family because they wouldnt listen to my
    warning( thank God for that),,,Do I think it wasnt so bad being in the "LIE"?
    I wasted 25 years of my life ,in this stinking cult. They have now taught those I conned
    into following me that I am the Devils tool. So my daughter & grand daughter still believes that
    It is a wworse cult than Jones town, Waco, you saw their dead ...You cant know how many
    the WT has killed.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

We also learned how to upset good hearted people who are just trying to be friendly.

How many times did you make someone feel bad for saying "merry christmas", or "happy thanksgiving", or "happy new year"

When I finally figured out that the holidays are not evil and started returning the greeting and seeing the other person smile, and compared that to the awkwardness of in reply to the greeing "merry christmas" this "Oh, you know as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I cannot return your greeting because you worship false idols which were brought over from Roman pagan rituals...." bullshit, I realize just how cold hearted the governing body are.

There is nothing wrong in returning someone's holidy greeting. And it avoids a lot of hurt feelings by returning it.

I say "Merry Christmas" and "happy thanksgiving" and "happy pin up girl day" all the time now.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Iam aware of all the negativity.

Suicides and child abuse ect ect .(It all happened in the congregation) I cant change this. But I have left that all behind.

My point is I learnt critical thinking. Iam less likely to be conned again. My kid (Who I love dearly) was conceived because it was his time. If it wasnt for being a Witness the circumstances would have been a differnt time and different sperm.(Not Orlando)-

Maybe this makes no sence . Iam still angry with those that conned me but refuse to admit it.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

You could have larned critical thinking without the bastards.

• VIII
    VIII

Critical thinking is the one thing that the JWs will not teach anyone. If critical thinking were taught by them, how many JWs would stay? Come on, put on your critical thinking cap.

Repitition. And subtle changes that make it difficult to determine how the Watchtower changed from the bound volumn. And no backtracking. No admissions or corrections. Have you ever read a "Corrections" in a Watchtower or Awake?

Have they ever corrected the Awake that said women brains were like Cows?

If any of the guys or gals still in had any critical thinking skills, they would listen to their apostate relatives, look up some of the stuff they are told and go "Huh, those guys in Brooklyn are full of shit!"

• feeling good
    feeling good

I feel it was a experience, and I have learned alot from it. Also, I met my husband in the organization.

I believe if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger...

M

• wobble
    wobble

Being born in ,and stuck in for 58 years,it is almost impossible to say whether the good things about me (all 3 of them) would still be a part of me had I been brought up in a normal household,by the same parents.

I rather think that what I am in a good way is despite being a Dub once, rather than because of it.

I also cannot think of an upside to being a Dub, apart from you do not smoke or do drugs as dear Mouthy said. It was being a dub that mad me give up my clandestine smoking in 1971.

I might just treat myself to a damn good cigar this Chrissy though !

Love

Wobble

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

This is making me sick.

all this,

"well i dont smoke crack", "I dont shoot heroin", "i dont do home invasions"

is just comig from the brain washing that only "jehovah's people" are moral and ethical and all "worldly" people are immoral, wicked, evil, unethical, etc, etc, etc.

The WTBTS does NOT have a monopoly on moral behavior. Goddamit wake the fuck up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You were already married..

How did becoming a JW help you have a kid?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit