It's Been A While...

by tall penguin 28 Replies latest jw friends

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

Beautiful retelling of a beautiful moment. Thank you for sharing!

L4P

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Thanks everyone. It was such a beautiful moment and I really wanted to share it with you all. I know it made some of you cry, and I thank you for sharing that with me. I was crying myself as I typed this up today. It's sweet, yet bittersweet, isn't it? That we are so taken aback when something as natural as love comes our way is a sad testimony to what the WT does to people. But I am happy that it seems they won't win in the case of my dear S.

"Home for the Holidays". I hadn't thought of that, but there is still something quite family-like about this place for me. It's great that even after a few years away that I can come back and reconnect with people I know and care for, as well as meet newbies.

Cheers, tall penguin

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That really touched me.. Tall Penguin. Thank you so much for sharing.

My husband really liked the wisdom in the words of S when seeing the graffiti.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Thanks Tall Penguin.. that was a very touching story.. no tears but it certainly brought a lump to my throat.. nice to meet you. You brought back to mind a couple of wonderful brothers in congo's I was in, who actually went out of their way to bring some fun and joy into the lives of the kids.. it's so sad that they are few and far between in the bOrg.

All the best to you and S in the years to come...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Tall Penguin :

Welcome back and thank you so much for that beautiful story.

I was recently reunited in a most unexpected manner with loved ones [all JWs] and felt the same emotions. There are those whose hearts transcend the petty foolishness of cult existence. Some of those "large hearts" beat within tiny chests.

Love,

CoCo

• carla
    carla

Lovely, and a tear jerker! Hope she finds her way out someday and you will be there to help her through.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. S. is someone with true character, as are you. Thank you so much for letting us share this with you!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

It's good to see you again, TP. Great story - please tell us if you hear from her.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Beautifully bittersweet Tall Penguin.

Add one more puddle of tears to this thread.

Thanks for helping to show the very human toll the shunning takes.

Here's to loving from the heart.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit