Volunteer work and preaching - It's a lie

by Iwonder17 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank God that they do it under pain of everlasting death. They are very ineffective, waste lots of time, drive more than talk, etc.

If they really did it because of committment of a deep sort that moved them to do it eagerly, the conversion rate would be higher and more would be caught in the traps they set. So, thankfully, they do it believing that the Big Guy with the Death Sythe will only see the report and not really notice the lack of interest.

Jeff

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Oh, come now, people. JWs are motivated to preach solely by love, remember?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Oh, c'mon...yes they are doing volunteer work. No one forces them to do it and the ones who don't want to always find a way of getting out of it.

I have to admit, they don't try to get in like they used to. Most just want to shove a pamphlet into my hand and move on.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Good observation..it's totally not volunteering. How could it be when it becomes a way to categorize ones as spiritually weak or strong?

, c'mon...yes they are doing volunteer work. No one forces them to do it and the ones who don't want to always find a way of getting out of it.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with that. As a child, I was forced. As a teen, I was forced. As an adult, I cringed everytime I was asked and did so reluctantly due to guilt tripping and hounding from the elders that I wasn't doing enough and needed to set a proper example for my children. Yeah, it certainly felt forced to me.

• booby
    booby

Nope, they don't go under compulsion. Nope not because of the time slip. That is why there is so much hapinin at the end of the month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit