Any Comment On The Amanda Knox Verdict?

by acolytes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• acolytes
    acolytes

I think the verdict was not based on Anti-Americasim as the boyfriend was Italian and was also convicted.

I think the irresponsible journalisam and charactor assasination on a persons character to sell newspapers and gain T.V ratings reflect badly on English journalisam. I think this must have effected the thinking of a jury allowed to be exposed to such media frency.

Sadly English jounalisam has been responsible for helping convict innocent people in the past. The wimbeldon Common murder and false conviction of Colin Stagg was a classic example.

I also remember how In America (Many years ago)a AU-Pair from England was convicted of shaking a baby to death. The English Press sure of her innocence created such an outcry that the girls sentence was overturned.

The press has such power to control the thinking of its public. Poor old (Gay) Oscur Wilde compared with the now sympathetic attitude to the death of the boy Zone star. I remember how the press nearly destroyed Elton John because of his sexuality.

They slaughterd Gary Glitter but were more sympathetic to Pete Townsend of the Who.

Acolytes

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The whole case just doesn't seem believable to me.

I don't think she and her boyfriend got a fair trial.

• acolytes
    acolytes

On par with a Watchtower Judical Committe?

Acolytes

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

OK, I really haven't read that much about it, so I really should keep my mouth shut, buttt........

In that country, American girls are considered slutty.

And like JW's when you think another person or culture has lower morals then you do, you start immagining all sorts of ridiculos behavior that just doesn't happen in real life.

For instance JW's often believe that worldly people just all have sex with one another willy-nilly, no holes barred (sorry for the pun).

I think that's what happened to Knox and her boyfriend.

Because what they are accused of just doesn't seem "right"

• acolytes
    acolytes

Excellent and thought provoking comment-

Acolates

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

The evidence was badly handled and open to cross contamination. Also it doesn't add up because this girl had no history of violence at all and seemed like a typical young person her age. I do not believe she is guilty and feel sorry for her. She definately was tried and convicted in the media. I hope she can have the verdict overturned.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Lovleygirl

Thanks for your comment. Which source did you get your knowledge of her past come from.

I heard your comments on CNN.

Acolytes

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I heard the press on it and was thinking that she might be guilty. Italy doesn't have one thing that I think is pretty key in order to receive a fair trial. A sequestored jury. The jury could go home every night and hear all about the trial on the news, in the news papers. So they couldn't possibly make a decision based solely on the evidence. According to the media Richard Jewell was guilty of the bomb set off at the Atlanta Olympic games, it was proven however he wasn't since another well known bomber took credit for it when he was captured. The grand jury was sequestored and found that the evidence wasn't enough to even merit a trial against Jewell. I looked at strictly the evidence they had for the murder, the only proof they have of Knox being at the scene at all is a coerced police statement which she was physically assaulted, and a speck of her blood intermingled with the victims blood on the bathroom sink near the drain. So literally if before Rebecca left she brushed her teeth, her gums bled a little bit so that when she spat there was a bit of blood left over, then the killer spilled some of the victims blood in the sink, Rebecca was convicted on this. For the boy it's even worse, the only evidence they have of him even being in the house at all is the fact he said he called the police and they didn't show signs of him calling 9-1-1 (instead he called his relative that worked in the police department directly); and the proof he was in the house is some non-distict foot prints that may or may not have come from him.

It's a pretty ridiculous railroading. The fact they had a full blood stained handprint in the room of a man who was already convicted of the crime strikes me as insane that they didn't just drop the charges completely.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I didn't hear all the evidence.

Judge Dread

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I've watched a few reports on the verdict. Dateline did one on Friday I believe, also CNN had a report. You would think if this girl had any violent tendencies that it would have been noticed before this murder. Also some say she did not like her roommate but Amanda's mom said that was not true. I think the evidence was weak. One thing that was mentioned is that she was outside the murder scene kissing her boyfriend and the nieghbors did not take kindly to that. Also when the media showed this footage, it put Amanda in a bad light, as being insensitive to the situation. Also, I am of Italian descent and our culture is such that girls are looked down upon as easy and too sexed crazed if caught kissing boys out in public. This was a big thing with my parents even though I grew up in the U.S. My sister and I were Forbidden to even hold hands in public with our boyfriends until we were engaged. This is the culture in Italy, very conservative especially with the older generation. So I think Amanda was labled right away. When I see her outside the scene of the crime, she looks totally stunned and in shock. Maybe this is just my opinion. Also the evidence was not collected properly (like the piece of bra passed around for weeks), and I think not enough evidence was there. You would think the girl who was murdered would be violenting fighting, pulling hair, scratching and gouging people, where was all the DNA evidence? Also, why is there not abundant blood evidence in Amanda's boyfriends house? And lastly, the evidence I saw with the bloody knife print on the bed not matching up to the outline of the reported murder evidence was solid in my view. Amanda Knox was tried in the court of public opinion. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit