Visiting brother gets fed today...

by garyneal 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

RutherFRAUD,

Your story sounds similar to the story I read entitled, "The Spanking Room: A Child's Eye View of the Jehovah's Witnesses." After reading your posts more closely, I see that I was wrong for dismissing your advice as being overbearing and domineering. I apologize, and I am real sorry for the kind of childhood that you had to endure. As I was saying in my previous post, my wife had a fairly 'normal' childhood under the religion so she does not feel that this religion is a treacherous as it seems.

My wife has friends who are not a part of this religion. One of her friends is her assistant at the school where she teaches who is Catholic and another is a neighbor (well former neighbor) who goes to church and considers herself a Christian. The neighbor and my wife went to see the Christmas lights with their two little girls recently. My wife, along with some of the ladies at her school threw a surprise birthday party for her assistant. Since my wife spent the last five years basically living how she wants to, she is finding it difficult to completely fall in line with the Society's teachings.

This, I believe, is a good thing. As long as we live a good five hours drive from most of her family, things are good. When we go home to visit family, she kind of gets into 'uber dub' mode since the majority of her family is in the cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Thanks for sharing everyone.

• sinis
    sinis

...and there you have your way in. The two friends that she has? Approach them and explain your situation and how you would like to get her OUT!! Call your pastor and do the same thing, and ask if he can recruit some friends in the church to assist you. I can tell you that all of the above people will be more than happy to assist if you explain the situation and the cult like mentality of the JW's. Pressure from YOU, NEIGHBORS, and YOUR church members may be enough to show her that life with the "wordly" people isn't so bad after all, ESPECiALLY if she has been out for a while and is having issues with coming back.

The best advice given here by myself and others who have lived through this same thing and have experience in it, is GET HER OUT QUICK. If you do this half assed your screwed - life will get worse for you. Right now it sounds like your wife is still susceptable to outside influence - use this to your advantage before she becomes an ubber JW.

Oh, and the comment you made about the other sister saying that they did not have enough room? That is code talk for you are not one of them, are weak in the truth, considered "wordly", and so they don't want you there. I'm not bullshitting, that is the gods truth, if you are being singled out at this early stage of the game, just imagine what fun you will have when they completely win your wife over... RUN, don't walk...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit