Active witnesses have disfellowshipped friends on Facebook

by truthseeker 10 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I have noticed at least two active witnesses who have disfellowshipped friends on their Facebook account. It's certainly a

middle finger to the Governing Body who say that we should not even say hello to such a person.

Each Facebook friend has to be "approved" so what does this say about the attitudes of the rank and file?

• dudeson
    dudeson

I have a friend on FB who has a picture with a disfellowshiped person in it. They tagged that DF'd person as "dead".

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I have a friend on FB who has a picture with a disfellowshiped person in it. They tagged that DF'd person as "dead".

Shutup..no way..,............that is really sick.

lisa

• CHILD
    CHILD

Very loving.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Actually I have one df'd friend on my facebook friends list. I am inactive, but I noticed active witnesses also have her on fb list, so I decided to add her. Her older sister is a major hottie, also df'd.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

This is what got my moms panties in a wad initially, was my adding my own DF'd sister, and a cousin who was DF'd as a teen and is now in her 30's. She couldn't believe I was "taking on disfellowshipped people" and deleting ones from the congregation. Well beleive it! Next one to be deleted was her after that comment. Judge me not!

I have about 7 df'd people, a handful of faders, and about 10 worldy people on my page now. I'm a rebel

• dudeson
    dudeson

Lisa- Not joking. I was kind of shocked to say the least.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm DA'd and was added as a friend to an active Witness's account. For no reason (we only conversed occassionally) I was deleted. Has there been a recent tightening up of control on this?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Facebookers:

Can someone direct me to comprehensible-to-tech-dummies information re: Facebook or simply offer an explanation what it is? I have googled Facebook but am having difficulty taking in its scope.

Anything would help!

Many thanks,

CoCo

• dancingmoonlite
    dancingmoonlite

I was deleted. But I am kind of glad that I was. I don't need friends like that. I don't need people who are going to judge me based on their religion. In the bible it talks about unconditional love for our friends and neighbors. That is not unconditional love. And then to turn around to do that to your own family is just wrong in all other bibles except the JW bible which they wrote themselves. It has hurt me all of my life. I don't believe in the religion. I was baptized in the year 1974. My brother told me that I needed to get baptized otherwise I would die in the next year. I got scared, being only 12 and got baptized. A decision I regretted ever since I was 15 years old. I was df'd at the age of 15 and out on my own. Let me tell you, it was rough going a few times. Luckily I had some friends who helped me out. You know what, most of the time I don't even tell the JW's that I meet. I figure, it isn't my religion. I am not responsible for what they are tricked into believing. It is their brainwash not mine. But sometimes I run into someone that knew me. Still it isn't my problem. If they want to shun me, it is their loss, not mine. I don't need people like that in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit