Introducing myself

by Aeiouy 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Think I figured a work around. keep reading.

That was taken directly from the CD. I don't know what book it is, but it has the initials kc. Regardless, there was a little bit more on the subject, but in my mind, not a lot. And not very convincing. I found it surprising that the society doesn't have hardly anything on this subject. More on that in a minute.

I had always wondered, if the Gentile Times ended in October, why did WWI begin in July? Wasn't WWI a result of Satan being cast down from heaven, according to JWs?

As most Dub's do who begin to question their beliefs, I said to myself, "I must not have all the facts." We are taught that if we don't understand something, we need to wait, as our understanding will become clearer. So I waited.

Then I found out that the majority of historians claim Isaiah had more than one writer. Deutero-Isaiah they called it. Why had I never heard about this? I went to pioneer school. 2 weeks of intense study. And yet nothing on the subject. Needless to say this was irritating.

Fast forward a month or so, I had gotten extremely involved with this girl from work. We took it "too" far, and my conscience was stricken. I went and told the elders, effectively ending my relationship with this girl I cared about very much. Because it was the right thing to do, and she was Worldly. I was doing the right thing, what I was supposed to.

I should have gotten a clue when I had my Judicial meeting. I didn't know how to respond when I was asked if I made her come. Really, you need to know that? How is that any of your business? I told you I fornicated. Why the hell did they need to know anything more than that. To this day I can't believe I didn't run like the wind after I was asked that. But no, I was the ever obedient publisher.

I was reproved. For a few weeks I had nothing to do with the girl at work. One of the elders told me, and I quote, "You need to look at her as if she is the Devil." So for a few weeks she had horns and a tail growing out her ass. Lol. I believed this? Then I moved out on my own, and decided I didn't want to be a witness anymore. I stopped doing meetings regularly, and started to get involved with this girl again. This did not come easily, as I had lost her trust, and rightly so, as I had dropped her like a sack of potatoes for the 'truth'. But we started dating, even went on vacation together. Things were going pretty good, but I still had doubts about whether I was doing the right thing. I constantly had a feeling of being lost, not knowing what to believe, thinking there was something wrong with me because I couldn't make up my mind and 'do the right thing.' Then I get a call from one of the local elders, who says he wants to come over and talk for a bit. I say sure.

He talked about what I expected, and said a lot of the JWs in town had seen me with my girlfriend. They wanted to know if anything had happened between us. I lied and said no. So he told me that I needed to get my act together because I was going to lose my life if I didn't. I couldn't be walking the line like I was, and they were there to snatch me out of the fire. I was scared. Terribly scared. I genuinely believed I was going to lose my life. Regrettably, I spoke with my girlfriend about our meeting, told her I wasn't sure about anything, including if we should keep dating. That was a week ago. Stupidest thing I have ever done. I have yet to see if she will forgive me again. I hope she will, but wouldn't blame her if she didn't.

However, breaking up with her had a very good affect on me. An unexpected one. I finally could see through it all, and see how this 'truth' has been affecting my life. There is a book that she had given me, entitled "Taking back your life." It's about cults and abusive relationships. I decided to pick it up and read it. This book is not about JW's or the WTS. But if I didn't know better, I would think it was. It describes every

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

Your journey is just underway. This is a good place to start.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, you joined on the weekend when things are slower here. If your welcome is bumped a few times on Monday, then people will get to hear this, so try responding a couple of times here.

I should have gotten a clue when I had my Judicial meeting. I didn't know how to respond when I was asked if I made her come. Really, you need to know that? How is that any of your business? I told you I fornicated.

That is so classic of bumbling elder judicial committees. Some elders do realize that such information is stupid, but many feel that answers to questions about such details actually help them to figure out, with all their lack of real training, whether a person was thinking of Jehovah and how wrong this was, or thinking of self-centered sinful enjoyment. Really, it was enough that the person came forward and confessed to something they were not caught on video for doing.

I said WELCOME in your first thread, but thanks for contributing a bit more to your story.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

"So for a few weeks she had horns and a tail growing out her ass."

Um... in my book... that would make her so much hotter. Way harder to resist. Good story though. I'm glad you're out and can now see the man behind the curtain. You'll be glad too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit