Introducing myself

by Aeiouy 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Hi everyone,

So I've been reading the forums for a few days now and finally decided to register. Must say I love some of the posts on this site. I just read the one from Amazing about Masturbation in the '73 Watchtower. I laughed for quite a while. I could use some advice on my current situation, but first I wanted to mention this. About 10 years ago, my family decided to move to the Spanish language field to help out where the need is greater. I was 13 when we moved, and am now completely fluent in Spanish. Reading, writing, everything. The reason I mention this is I read a post the other day where some were wanting to translate a letter sent to all BoEs but they only had it in Spanish. If you receive any letters and need help with translation, I am here to help. I have worked as a translator before, and currently use my Spanish for work.

Now on to the juicy stuff. I have been of the 'conscious class' for about a year now. It all started with a girl from work. Big surprise. I was not interested in her at first, but as we started talking over the months, I began to like her. One day, I sat down with her, and told her I was not ready to date. I told her I liked her, but was one of JW's and wanted to pursue my spritual career more before I started dating. That of course was not true, I simply wanted to nip it in the bud, because she was Worldly, and that is what I was supposed to do. She said ok, and then asked me a few things about the Org. I answered as best I could, and we went our seperate ways. I should add that I answered all her questions pitifully. I knew my stuff. I have pioneered for 2 1/2 years. Been to pioneer school. Conducted the congregation book study in Spanish, etc. But she asked questions in ways I had never thought of before. Totally threw me off guard. Anways, moving on.

That weekend, I sat down and thought of all the questions she asked. I asked myself why I couldn't answer her questions like I should be able to. I realized that I didn't believe half the stuff I was spouting. That realization didn't come all at once though. It took time. But that following Monday, I talked to her again and said I wasn't sure if I believed everything I had tried to explain. If I remember correctly, we started getting involved, and would go golfing after work. (I'm a golf nut.) As we got more involved, I decided to research everything I had been taught, reexamining everything with new eyes. My motivation was to prove the truth to myself. I was shocked when I found this on Wikipedia.

Jerusalem destroyed in 587 B.C.E........WTF? 587? That's gotta be wrong I thought. I figured I can't trust Wikipedia. So I googled some more, and sure enough, every other source says 587 B.C.E. I asked my mom about it, and she had no idea what I was talking about. So I did some research on the CD Rom to see what I could find. Here is what I found.

{29 However, based primarily on such secular records, some persons figure that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587/6 B.C.E. and that the Jews came under Babylonian domination in Nebuchadnezzar’s accession year, which they calculate as being 605 B.C.E. They thus hold 605 B.C.E. to be the date when Jeremiah 25:11 began to be fulfilled: “All the land shall be a desolation; and they shall serve among the Gentiles seventy years.” (Bagster’s Greek Septuagint) If that were so and the Gentile Times were counted from then, it would put the end of the prophetic “seven times” in the World War year of 1916. Yet, as stated, we believe that there is much stronger reason for accepting the information in God’s inspired Word, which points to the Gentile Times’ beginning in October 607 B.C.E. and ending in October of 1914 C.E.}

That was taken directly from the CD. I don't know what book it is, but it has the initials kc. Regardless, there was a little bit more on the subject, but in my mind, not a lot. An

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

Dangit. I guess I don't have full posting priveliges yet. There was a lot more to this post. It was three times as long. I think I'm gonna write in Word from now on and then copy paste so I don't lose everything I typed. Shoot it took forever to write that too. Wish I knew there was a limit on how long a post could be. I'll finish this post later, but I'm too tired right now.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Welcome to the forum Aeiouy, there were allot of inaccurate doctrines put forth by the WTS.

that most JWS know nothing about.

There was a thread just recently about some of these

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/184968/1/To-you-what-was-the-Watchtower-Socitys-biggest-lie

Look forward to reading the rest of your story.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to our family

• dissed
    dissed

Buenos diaz Aeiouy!

I 2nd what mouthy said - Welcome aboard.

Drat the cut off - double drat! Looking forward to the rest of your experience.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to you, VOWEL MAN or SOMETIMES 'Y' !

Yes, pity about typing all that and losing it. But sometimes it actually helps that you have to type it out again and reflect on your path 'again.'

Great story of how an outsider penetrated the WT protection grid.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Welcome Aeiouy!

Please post the rest of your story. But don't worry, there is a character limit for everybody! Most people don't post long posts so they have no idea. I, on the other hand, write a book every time I post something so it's good they have a character limit!

I do "part 1" and "part 2" if my post needs to be split up. And yes, if you think your post is too long, copy first then you can past part 2.

Welcome to the forum!!

((((((((((Aeiouy))))))))

LS

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit