The show must go on..

by outofthebox 20 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

The saddest I remember was a one week old baby that died in the 100 degree heat of an outside assembly in Chicago. No mention of the tragedy was made at the assembly,no worgs of condolence, no prayers, no love offering to pay for funeral expenses, etc- we read about it in the paper. Well,everyone said no harm done- the baby gets resurrected in the new order. JW's are a very cold hearted bunch.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I just remember all the D.A.'s at the Vet Stadium in Philadelphia, PA - and how people would literally pass out in their chairs and in the hallways. I recall one year where it was hot as HADES!!!!!!! They continually made the announcement to 'stay out of the hallways as it's a safety hazard' and the brothers would police people who would flat out SIT along the wall in the hallway because at least there was a breeze going through. i vividly remember people just fallin out over the extreme heat...of course nothing stopped and even when ambulances were called in to assist those that were suffering -

• dig692
    dig692
    The saddest I remember was a one week old baby that died in the 100 degree heat of an outside assembly in Chicago.

Wow that right there made my jaw hit the floor. Why would anyone take a one week old baby to an assembly in that kind of heat? Forget the heat, a ONE WEEK old baby!!! How sad that the parents felt it was so important to be at the assembly that they would risk the well being of their child. I bet they were praised for being there and taking care of their spiritual needs first.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone read the last study article in the October WT? "Maintaining Friendships in a Loveless World"

Paragraph 2 tells us: "However, during these last days, people in general are disloyal and fail to show natural affection. (2Tim. 3:1-3) The friendships they do form are often shallow and self-serving."

This is an out-and-out lie. The ratio of disloyal, selfish jerks in "the world" is no different, perhaps even lower, than that of "the truth." Statements like the above just sicken me.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I know some very good people who still are witnesses, people who have a moral compass, but who get caught up in the group mentality of the show must go on.

The WT is not worthy of it's members; it fails them repeatedly. It does not instill in them the idea that they must trust their own heart; a dangerous idea I guess for corporate religion.

• A Mother
    A Mother

Corvallis Oregon---Jim Ohlman thought it it inappropriate for my ill husband to SIT while reading the watchtower on stage for the Sunday study.

Of course this " loving " adult only told my husband this as he was walking up the aisle. My husband stood for the reading of each paragraph and collapsed back into the chair several times WHILE reading. But I'm sure this so called " man", (Jim) thought this better than a cancer patient doing something so disgraceful as sitting while reading. Jim later spent time in jail for some money scheme, or major theft---I suppose he is back at the K.H.being an ---. My husband was so devastated by the treatment he recieved prior to diagnosis that he stayed away from the hall for a more peaceful death.

This group of GOONS also saw my husband and I at a benefit rummage sale for the local medical clinic. The sale was held in a church auditorium. This was a cause for great concern as several wimpy J.W. men thought this a good reason for a hearing due to this being a disfellowshipping offence. (I am terrible with spelling !) They called him into the inquisition room and asked me to stand out side. My husband could not walk without assistance---so I told them---NO! They asked if we in fact had purchased things or attended the sale. ???? MY question was "WHO" is asking and that person needs to apply Mathew:-- and ask us personally. They said the person who saw us did not need to talk with us as we were now involved in a disfellowshipping incident. !!!!!! Rummage sale----???DEATH SENtence from self appointed idiots !-- This subject had been adressed in a 1960s K.M. in questions from the readers. I knew due to one of my friends having written the question. I found it, coppied it and taped it on the various witch hunters doors. Nuf said.

I probably have 100 horror stories involving my own family, I just have no patience for the inhumane stupidity of the mojority of these jerks. As for the humble humans who are still members, I hope they escape prior to total despair or death.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I was ill from overwork and stress and I had double pneumonia. Missing meetings was hard on me because I had always been zealous. I had been missing a lot of meetings and had double pneumonia. I wanted to go to the book study and asked my 5 year old daughter (a VERY sweet and gentle little girl) to go with me. She was sitting on my lap and squirming and climbing all over me and the chair. I am easy going so it didn't bother me. I wa also VERY sick. The book study conductor stopped the meeting, glared at me and said in a very cold, stern voice "BROTHER XXXXX, can you PLEASE make your daughter behave?" I started to explain that I had double pneumonia but my daughter got upset and I couldn't beleive that ANYONE would be so ignorant to a sick person, so I said "I'll fix the problem, we will leave". My car was blocked in and no one would let us out so we sat in the car for about 45 minutes, my daugther kept asking me if she had done something wrong. I said "No sweetheart". When the meeting ended I went to the door and asked for people to move to let us out. No one did. At the next meeting the elders asked to see me to discuss my "behavior" and I told them no, if they needed to examine someone's behavior it was the book study conductor's and read them scriptures as to why an ill person should be helped with their child and not berated.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I think this is the thread that Sylvia was searching for.

Bangalore

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Bangalore, but it wasn't a topic on JWN.

It was a website exposing the WT's elevated view of its importance.

I know it's out there; I'm still searching.

Syl

• misguided
    misguided

East-end Vancouver, around 1972-1978. This guy walks in off the street pissed drunk and carrying a gun. Walks up to the speaker (Bill Johnson was his name) and puts the gun up to him and accuses the JWs of stealing his wife. (I was just a kid - but I totally remember this) Bill Johnson`s youngest of 2 daughters screamed something like `daddy, do what he says`. A group of elders, including my dad, grabbed him and held him until police arrived...but, meanwhile, the show went on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit