The Story of Megan, a JW teen from the BBC

by boyzone 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

something isnt right. firstly a witness who is strict wouldnt take part in a TV doc. - and then when she is letting her have fun she is doing marshall arts? - I mean if you are JWs thats a no no. so if they were they have left now.

not being funny though, they seem a bit underducated rough estate type people?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

theres no way she would be allowed to do Tae Kwan Do.

?

• freddo
    freddo

If they are active baptised jw's then that programme alone is a one way street to a judicial committee.

My money is on active and drifted over a few years or a "progressive" bible study that has jw connections who got really keen for a few years with no baptism then suddenly decided "no that's enough!" and went back to their previous lifestyle. The no contact with the cousin for 4 years fits in with this. But as mentioned, the martial arts thing doesn't.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Yes I agree with whats been said here, there's more to this story than is being shown. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why a fully committed JW would agree to portray themselves in this light in the first place. Did you notice the signs around the house? The list of behavioural rules on the wall and the "STOP" labels on the CD cabinet? I think the parents were pretty controlling in a definate JW way. In fact the whole thing gave me the impression the parents were recent faders, just beginning to extracate themselves from the congregation. Why else would they go public on the mistakes they've made in bringing up their daughter, and why paint themselves so "worldly" and encourage their daughter to be the same?

The first rule of any JW is to always portray JW's and the Society in a positive light. This couple have broken that fundamental rule bigtime and I suspect that the repercussions from the Kingdom Hall were swift.

Unless of course the Society sanctioned the film for an "aren't we normal?" PR exercise.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

and she said the F word.

but they didnt seem right even by JW standards. - like they were a bit mental.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit