What about Jw's thinking they are only ones preaching thru all earth before end comes?

by foolsparadise 12 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Does this make them the true religeon according to Jesus statment to apostles?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Legends in their own minds.

Sat & Sun morning TV in NZ has many evangelists and doom merchants from many religions, but not a Dubbie apologist to be seen.

Many religions have faster growth than the Dubbies. I have seen the Mormons outpace the Dubbies by miles where my father took the Troof. The Mormons have 10% of the population, the Dubbies are lumped in with 'other religions' at 1%, and we got there first. The Dubbie growth has been a joke.

Cheers

Chris

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Pipedream..dream on...they wont be..

When jesus spoke to his disciples, it was them he was referring to in the carrying out of this work.

The gospel will be preached, but for 3.5 years only, and by the elect two witnesses. Their ministry is like christs, 3.5 years long, and it will be preached in the whole world, and with powerful works too, and like christ said, those works would be greater than those he carried out.

So, its still future, and falls inside the Matthew 24:4-14 period, and opening of the 6 seals. The completion of the preaching and slaying of the two witnesses marks the end of the worship and preaching of the gospel, but the begining of the end, which concludes 3.5 years later.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

There is not a religion on earth that God is backing. The Bible is history but it is true history.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

There is this great joke on jws going into the kingdom.....everyone going on into the kingdom are asked what religion they are..Peter tells them the corresponding floor they are allocated to, but says when they reach the 13th floor they must be really quiet, all ask why they must be quiet, Peter replies that the jws are on that floor and that the poor souls are deluded in that they think they are the only persons there..............

I dont think who they are who they say they are. The desirable things are still yet to come out of the nations, the good news is still to be preached by these last two witnesses.....nobody knows who they are, but they are outside the ring of the wbts for sure. One jewish christian commentator mentioned melchizadek, and it could be that these men, who zechariah describes as standing before jehovah, it could be that their geneoligies cannot be traced?

Its still future for sure, there is a great article on it, but it must be broken down....

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

And when jesus spoke, he was speaking to his apostles, nobody else, his intimate group.....and its this small intimate group who will preach this good news, and not the 7 million or so jws, it is only them that have the commision to preach and to teach, to heal and to perform miracles..and its still future, but very near future for sure.

• sir82
    sir82

This was an "a-ha" moment for me many years ago....

I went to an international convention in Russia not long after the breakup of the Soviet Union. In the airport on the way back, our group was joined by a bunch of American missionaries who were returning to the US also - missionaries from some sort of Evangelical church. There were a few spirited "debates" between some of their members and some JWs, but for the most part we just left each other alone.

But on the plane, they seemed every bit as, or even more, fired up and enthusiastic than the JWs on board. They were singing, laughing, having a great time.

And it occurred to me..."There are other groups preaching just like the JWs....they believe what they preach as fervently as we believe in our message....Russia is seen as a 'fertile ground' for converts....just as there was a 'scramble for Africa' in the 19th century, there is going to be a 'scramble for Russia' among Christian missionaries now..."

It just "did not compute"....but like a good dub, I just pushed it out of my mind. But it was always there, in the backgrond, this little troubling thought....just another brick in the wall, as it were.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet I can find plenty of other evangelist Christian denominations with a click of a mouse button, other than Jehovah's Witlesses (or even Mormons).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They claim to fulfill Matt. 24:14 and preach the "good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth", but is that what they're known for? When you ask "worldly" people about Jehovah's Witnesses, they know about the ban on blood transfusions, shunning, pedophiles, and bothering people on Saturday mornings. They know about failed prophesies. Those who have read the Awake magazine may even remember the "resplendent butterfly". Most of them have never heard of this "kingdom" the JWs claim to preach about.

W

• trueblue
    trueblue

Luke 19: 40 But in reply he said: “I tell YOU , If these remained silent, the stones would cry out.”

This statement causes me to believe that the true God has many ways to sound his alarm. It is up to you as an inividual to discover the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit