WT forbids Higher Education but permits Employment

by PopeOfEruke 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zagor
    zagor

WTBS uses what church had successfully been using for centuries. They just evolved it into more 'sophisticated' method, they keep 'educating' their patrons constantly through weekly meetings etc. leaving them in perpetual state of amnesia. It is a half-hypnotic state in which they willingly surrender their powers of reason for a fantasy. "Study" they are doing to "deepen" their "accurate knowledge" is in effect complete reprogramming of human mind almost as effective as reprogramming of a computer. So effective that people subjected to that are in fact convinced that inculcated information they have been fed with has in fact been acquired through their own reasoning powers. Little do they know that methods in which information has been fed have been used by hypnotists, mind-slayers, expert salesmen and advertisers for a very, very long time. In fact even methods used to preach to others from house to house, e.g. how to overcome objections etc are textbook examples of conversational hypnosis pioneered by Milton Erickson, albeit for more sinister purposes i.e. slipping suggestions during conversation with a person that take advantage of their brain laziness and other weaknesses.

The saddest part of it is what all of that does to young ones and those born into the religion. Being exposed to such mind-numbing from very early beginnings and during their formative years. So much so that even after abandoning doctrinal tenets of wtbs religion persons still retain cognitive-framework i.e. methods of how things are analyzed, tendency toward fuzzy, fantasy-inclined thinking and methods of acquiring "facts", reliance on stereotypical conclusions, reliance on gut feeling (never mind it has been systematically numbed during the most important years), jumping on conclusion before seeing real facts, seeking only information and people who agree with their worldview, retraction to inner world of fantasy e.g. when things they are hearing do not agree with their worldview, run back "inland" where it "feels safe" or to company of those who will pat you on the back, etc, etc all the key signs of brain laziness. As sad as it is, such people are so prone to mind manipulation methods of different kinds that one little wonder why lives of many still suck, to put it bluntly.

Now introducing real tertiary level study to such state is a wake up call of the highest order. Education demands use of brain more than use of the mouth. Things have to fit, they have to have an explanation. What was black yesterday can't suddenly become white today and vice versa, there is no present truth that is fundamentally different from what you knew and believed yesterday was true. Let alone that you can just accept it at the drop of a hat, your gut feeling or your trust in the authority.
    In fact, you learn early on that things are often NOT what eyes can see and ears can hear. (one cute fact you learn early on is that precisely because of "what eyes can see and ears can hear" is why magicians and actors are so successful, they call it - misdirection.)

Introducing the real education makes one see through cute acts and makes them demand the real reasons, real facts and what it is that is at the heart of the matter. They can't be easily fooled by presentation, performance and twisting of the words so often used by mind-manipulators to confuse the mind of the listener and put it into overdrive where it feels discouraged from further perusing of what's really behind.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

nice post zagor

• zagor
    zagor

Thanks purps, after reading some comments on other threads by some, I think real education is long overdue

nice to see you here

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks and ditto

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Wonderful post Zagor! You nailed it.

Pope

• VM44
    VM44

"...They have already started dismanltling Rutherford"

How so?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Funny though, another thread on here reminded me of a CO who the society sent to university to study law and then join the legal dept here in Australia. Vince Tool? (bad memory and i aint going thru 19 pages looking for his name again!)

anyway the point is, again double standard!

maybe thats the key to getting a higher education..." yeah, i'm doing my bachelor of arts so i can draw better pictures for the watchtower magazine!"

Oz

• Lillith26
  • Lillith26
    Lillith26

The WTBTS employs Lawyers, but discurages it's members from becomming lawyers! ( I wonder why )

The WTBTS expects only the best medical treatments availiable (blood excluded- or at least bits of it), but wont allow it's members to study and become Docters/Surgens etc...

Thank God for Worldly People ???????????????

• zagor
    zagor

Thank you Pope, I think there is a lot of nice people here and they deserve a chance of a better life, a chance that was taken away from them that they've somehow never managed to recapture. I wish I had a way to make them see that everything is not lost, and if belief was ever any good it was now time to apply it and believe in themselves.
    Unfortunatelly, even when you apply unconventional methods to literally shake them out of their shell too many are too paralized by the past that shaped them and may well spend rest of their days licking their wounds. Sad part is, if they allow that then wtbs victory over them is complete. It is never too late to start life over. Heck Nelson Mandela was released out of prison when he was 72. That was back in 1990. After that even managed to be a president of a nation and receive a Nobel Award, how's that for life's achievement? So if it is education one needs I'd say go for it, regardless of your age. I often get news about the oldest person completing university, so far that was at 78 that I'm aware of at one of local universities.

But it goes even beyond education alone. I guess what people need start doing is devoting right now at least an hour a day to something they love doing the most, something they thought they would do in that "new world" or when things got better. Spend time on things that will rebuild them from inside out. After all what we are talking about here is enriching of one's soul, which will then reflect itself in enriched life. After all that is what makes it worth living, it is not only about reproduction and feeding kids. One day those kids will love to proudly say to their own kids, "my dad/mom was into such and such" So if you always wanted to paint, do it, if writing do it, if refurbishing that old 1920's rolls royce, heck start collecting parts. Game ain't over 'til the fat lady sings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit