Resurrection date and parousia questions

by jonathan dough 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

w07 1/1 p. 28 par. 12

"12 At this point, it may be helpful to consider what might be viewed as a Bible parallel. Jesus Christ was anointed as the future King of God’s Kingdom in the fall of 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in the spring of 33 C.E., he was resurrected as a mighty spirit person. COULD IT , then, be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began three and a half years later, in the spring of 1918? That is an INTERESTING POSSIBILITY . Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the Bible, it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ’s presence began."

This is what I was refering to in my first response. I don't think the WTS has said anything else on the subject since but they have, with this publication, hedged there original position.

Peace

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Post is acting up

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Thanks, Bob. This then confirms my suspicion that they have completey backed off of the earlier 1918 theory. I wish they would make up their minds. At least issue inserted updates in their literature so as not to be so misleading to the unsuspecting public.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#I

• yknot
    yknot

Perhaps a more applicable scripture might be...... Gal 1:6-8

(Galatians 1:6-8) 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed.

Rutherford from 1930 (and retrodating back to 1918) until his death proclaimed holy spirit unnecessary and that angels were the source of direction.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Rutherford from 1930 (and retrodating back to 1918) until his death proclaimed holy spirit unnecessary and that angels were the source of direction. "

I asked that question here once.

When and why was the Holy Spirit reinstated?

I don't remember the answers I got.

It's amazing to me how many Jw's don't know anything about the WTS past teachings.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit