Williams fined record $82,500 for US Open tirade

by PEC 5 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

That is $82K the WTS won't be getting.

http://www.rr.com/sports/topic/article/rr/9003/9641701/Williams_fined_record_82500_for_US_Open_tirade

(AP Photo/Charles Krupa, File)

FILE - This is a Sept. 12, 2009, file photo showing Serena Williams, of the United States, at a news conference after her match against Kim Clijsters, of Belgium, at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York. Williams was fined at least a record $82,500 for her U.S. Open tirade and could be suspended from that tournament if she has another ''major offense'' at any Grand Slam in the next two years, Grand Slam administrator Bill Babcock told The Associated Press on Monday, Nov. 30, 2009.

• choosing life
    choosing life

That is just spending change for Serena. It seems she should have been banned from the US Open for a year, at least. Maybe the lines person she threatened will bring a good legal suit against her. After all, she did threaten her life.

I love tennis and what Serena did has no place in tennis.

• dissed
    dissed

"I want to thank my God Jehovah for putting those words in my mouth and allowing me to verbally abuse an official"

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET TOO BIG FOR YOUR OWN MIND....SHE'S MADE A TON OF MONEY AND NOW IT GONE TO HER HEAD.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Serves her right!

Little Big heifer!

Sylvia

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The fine is based on Serena's threat to jam the ball down the official's throat.

I read that the $82,500 is an estimate for the operation to extract the ball, reconstructive surgery, hospital and recovery time.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit