What does an MS do?

by deemoo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dudeson
    dudeson

They get to do announcements!

• zarco
    zarco

I have been both and being an MS is a lot harder than being an elder. It is really a strange organization.

• yknot
    yknot

They are more likely to read off the PT outline word for word.....

• dudeson
    dudeson

and last minute talks.

• minimus
    minimus

These pics represent what MS's do. Really.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> The ministerial servants are appointed by holy spirit for your good.

Amazingly, Jehover's Holy Moly Spirit appointed a Chronically Masterbateing Atheist to the position of Ministerial Servant.

• ferret
    ferret

Note the King James version says "to all the saints in Philppi with the bishops and deacons".

Is this another change in the NWT to support their thinking.

Ferret

• VIII
    VIII

Somehow, all those pics, above, go right along with the Paradise book creativehoney posted the PDF for.

The first thing I thought of is exactly what those pictures depicted and Elder WannaBe.

• yknot
    yknot

...LOL....

Elsewhere of the 'noodly appendage' class (in more ways than one)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I have been both and being an MS is a lot harder than being an elder. It is really a strange organization.

So true, but to me, not so strange.

Being an MS was hell on wheels. Hated it! The main difference for most elders is that once you get appointed, you are in the club, as opposed to having to answer to the club.

The other dynamic is how the Governing Body "encourages" able men to "reach out", then totally beat the hell out of them as they try to reach out. So a MS has to demonstrate ability as a shepherd, but can no longer go on visits without an elder. They must demonstrate the ability to teach, but must knuckle under the politics as they get announcements, while the asshole 19 year old MS gets two parts a month on the Service Meeting. You want to bring that up to your favorite elder? Only at the risk of announcing that you are not humble, and are pushing ahead, and thus, delaying your prospective appointment as an elder by a year, or longer....

In short, I think that MS are the human jockstrap for the elders.

Can you tell I hold the whole arrangment in high regard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit