WT publications questions

by Aussie Oz 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Can anybody tell me how much JWs 'donate' for the magazines, 192 page books and bibles at the K/Hall?

Are subscriptions still available to the mags?

can you get the study WT by sub or only if you are a JW at the hall?

thanks

Oz

• fokyc
    fokyc

They donate whatever they want, no check is made, it's a matter for you to decide.

Subscriptions are NOT available.

The study Watchtower, 15th of the month is available to JW's and Bible Studies, it is also given to other people at the discretion of the elders.

Study articles in pdf format will shortly be availabe online from the Watchtower website.

fokyc

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

hmmm, makes it hard to calculate the revenue stream then! Like with close to 7 million, that makes every thing they publish an instant mega best seller before it is even offered to the public.

NEXT QUESTION: i have the WT library 2008 and it does not have (By design?) no awake older than 1970 and no wt older than 1950.

anyone know how to get hold of older stuff?

cheers
    oz

• blondie
    blondie

Try alibris.com or amazon.com or other older book sale websites.

The cash flow slowed significantly in 1990 in most of countries like US and UK and finally for all in 2000. The dip in funds can be tied directly to the end of this guaranteed source of cash. jws have been notoriously lax in "voluntarily" and "anonymously" donating funds to the congregation or WTS. This comes from the several ex-accounts servants I know. The WTS is property rich but cash poor. I'm sure whatever investments they have (yes, they do and have their own investment firm) took a big dive in the last 2 years.

• designs
    designs

When the monthly accounts report was made the donations and expenses were pretty close + -. The odd and irritating thing about Circuit Assembly expenses were that 'donations or funds' were forwarded to the Society and a deficit was announced to the Assembly each time. What the &%#*, good ol guilt tripping. In a letter to the City Overseer I pointed this out and that it was unfair to chastise good people who would be willing to help the Society or the missionary work if they were just told ahead of time what was needed so like any expense it could be budgeted for.

That got a swift terse reply but the guilt tripping of the deficit stopped, at least locally.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm interested to know if the publisher's version (15th of the month) WT's are available as a bound volume.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Are subscriptions still available to the mags?

The last I knew the mags were not being dilvered by mail. So if you had a subscription it had to be delivered personally by a JW. I guess that would give them a better opportunity to brain wash some one. I am also guessing that when the WT comes available PDF then you will probably have to give your name or at least your email address. Probably get in on the flow of money / power thru advertisements some how in the year 1 AE. They will attempt to get world power.

Just a guess / hunch, I would not put anything passed the sneaky fallen angels. I suspect the WTS is also being run by the Nephilim.

• RR
    RR

Subscriptions are NOT available.

Actually subscriptions are still available. Look on the inside front cover and it'll mention subscriptions. Only problem is, you can't get one. Me thinks it just another ploy

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Many of the older magazines and other publications are available on CD-ROM from www.researchapplications.org.

• yknot
    yknot

Older pubs can be found on several websites......

Many of our poster also offer uploads.....

Is there any publications you were particularly looking for?

The WTS really screwed themselves when they went to the 'donation only' arrangement.....and like many other changes it was motivated by wanting to avoid taxation.

I think the only 'money makers' the WTS has is Assemblies/Conventions and a decreasing number of estates (as more and more elderly JWs followed the WTS directive and never saved, prepared or assumed they would grow old in this system of things)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit